Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More OpenGL Extensions Emerging In Mesa

It was just yesterday I was writing about a new OpenGL 4.1 extension in Mesa and today I have two more GL4 extensions to report on that are in the process of being enabled for the Mesa driver, in particularly within Intel's open-source code...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU3ODE
    They just keep on pouring in!

Comment

Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?

Comment

Originally posted by newwen View Post
        Too bad that only Intel is working towards OGL4 compliance while Gallium3D drivers are stuck trying to complete OGL3.3. Could Intel's work benefit in some manner other drivers in some way?
        Behind Gallium there is mesa. Other drivers has to adapt themselves to the next mesa to be compatible, so it's normal it takes more time.

Comment

Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
            Hopefully it won't take too long until mesa doesn't have to play catch-up anymore.
            Of course not, at least for Intel it won't!

Comment

its more like a general question, but...
              ... would it be possible or even beneficial to write an HSA enabled implementation of LLVMpipe?

Comment

Working...
              X