Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LM_Sensors Coming, Brings New Features

Phoronix: New LM_Sensors Coming, Brings New Features

Jean Delvare of the LM_Sensors project has announced that a new release of this open-source system monitoring program will be coming soon. LM_Sensors 3.0.3 arrived nearly a half-year ago, but given the number of changes since then, the next release will be LM_Sensors 3.1.0.LM_Sensors 3.1.0 will contain a largely rewritten sensors-detect utility, which is used for doing the initial sensor detection on Linux systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd like Ubuntu to offer to install TiLP when I plug in my graphing calculator, wizardpen when I plug in my graphics pad, BitPim when I plug in my phone, cheese with webcam, Heyu with X-10 controller, wminput when it sees my Wiimote, xsane with my scanner, and so on and so forth-- Is LM_sensors needed for that kind of behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
      Is LM_sensors needed for that kind of behavior?
      That would be more in the domain of HAL and the specific desktop environment (i.e. GNOME/KDE/Xfce).
      lm_sensors is for reading motherboard sensor chipsets and implementing user-defined fan control with PWM.

Comment

So then would lm_sensors be involved in, say, warning me that my mainboard was getting within 4 degrees of heat halting?

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
          So then would lm_sensors be involved in, say, warning me that my mainboard was getting within 4 degrees of heat halting?
          Yup. .

Comment

Working...
          X