Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-Card AMD Radeon Team Fortress 2 Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: 9-Card AMD Radeon Team Fortress 2 Linux Benchmarks

On Friday I shared some updated 9-card NVIDIA GeForce Linux benchmarks of Valve's Team Fortress 2. Now for some Sunday viewing are Team Fortress 2 benchmarks from nine AMD Radeon graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

for the recent Metro: Last Light test requests, the built-in benchmark mode that was present in the Windows version doesn't even seem to be available on Linux.

oh no :/

Comment

Interesting - I'm surprised AMD overall performed better than nvidia on these tests.

I'm glad there's finally a benchmark for TF2 - not because I sincerely care about the results but because it will hopefully get people to stop whining after every damn GPU benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Interesting - I'm surprised AMD overall performed better than nvidia on these tests.

I'm glad there's finally a benchmark for TF2 - not because I sincerely care about the results but because it will hopefully get people to stop whining after every damn GPU benchmark.
        yeah, because wanting to see benchmarks using something other that modified id tech engines and synthetic benchmarks is so unreasonable... doubly so for one of the most popular online games out there, completely crazy

Comment

Although 63 fps on a HD5750 does looke nice, i'd be more interested in "minimum fps". I am using a HD5750, Athlon II X3, latest fglrx and performance is completely unstable and always has been for source-games. huge loading times, hicups all the time...

Nice to see some benchmarks besides the usual OpenArena stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            On Friday I shared some updated 9-card NVIDIA GeForce Linux benchmarks of Valve's Team Fortress 2. Now for some Sunday viewing are Team Fortress 2 benchmarks from nine AMD Radeon graphics cards
            Huh... How did you "lock" the specific version of Team Fortress in place ?

Note: I would be good if game maker and steam would come with a solution to keep a few older fixed version available, for benchmark-reproductibility version.
            Keep the data as 'delta' on the server to lower space usage.
            There's no even need to do the whole "LTS" route here. Just keep older version hanging around for benchmarking purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
              Huh... How did you "lock" the specific version of Team Fortress in place ?

Note: I would be good if game maker and steam would come with a solution to keep a few older fixed version available, for benchmark-reproductibility version.
              Keep the data as 'delta' on the server to lower space usage.
              There's no even need to do the whole "LTS" route here. Just keep older version hanging around for benchmarking purpose.
              There isn't a way to lock it besides running all the benchmarks at the same time and not firing up Steam in between. Right, the lack of being able to lock / retrive older versions is one of the reasons why I hate Steam for benchmarking.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                There isn't a way to lock it besides running all the benchmarks at the same time and not firing up Steam in between. Right, the lack of being able to lock / retrive older versions is one of the reasons why I hate Steam for benchmarking.
                Maybe it's not what I think it is but isn't there 'updates' settings in game properties? One of the options is 'Do not automatically update this game'.

Comment

Originally posted by tom.higgy View Post
                  Maybe it's not what I think it is but isn't there 'updates' settings in game properties? One of the options is 'Do not automatically update this game'.
                  Still doesn't do any good for when installing the game on another test system, when anyone else wants to go install the game to compare to my results, etc.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well you could backup your game on one computer via Steam -> Backup game. To replicate the same version on different machines it you could there Steam -> Restore Game and point to your backup version. I never investigated if it's possible to do that via cli commands for steam, if not maybe Valve can add it for you. It could be a way to lock the version. Granted, we would have no access to your locked version, but at least you could use always the same version and do comparisons.
                    To be honest, I don't care if you use the same version every time, I simply like to see such X-Card benchmarks (open vs. closed source drivers) from time to time

So: thank you very much Michael to do the benchmarks manually, you rock!

Comment

Working...
                    X