Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's anyways a very bad practise. This entire script should be just:
    /bin/sh prey-installer-12072008.bin
    EDIT: That is unless the .bin file is a true binary and not a script/binary mix as it is commonly done.
    Last edited by Dragonlord; 10 February 2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

they copy it from cd because when run something from cd, you cannot umount it and mount preydvd then

Comment

If anyone has a copy of the tuxgames linux-flavor of Prey, could you pleaes post a link to a picture of that box? I'd like to see the linux logo on it.

Comment

yeah, here it is in three resolutions
          http://dwn.ubik.sk/kayman/photos/linux_games/prey/

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
            If anyone has a copy of the tuxgames linux-flavor of Prey, could you pleaes post a link to a picture of that box? I'd like to see the linux logo on it.
            It wont have a logo on it, it'll be a windows version with a burnt CD with the installer because they don't have the rights to publish the game.

Edit: Blast you skkayman, beaten to it again!

Comment

Bow, what a lame solution, i prefer downloading the installer anyway. The game was cheap, bought the Win variant of course. Incl. shipping less than 7 €. Of course not bundled with a seldmade cd with installer *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Bow, what a lame solution, i prefer downloading the installer anyway. The game was cheap, bought the Win variant of course. Incl. shipping less than 7 ?. Of course not bundled with a seldmade cd with installer *g*
                Heh... The big deal is being able to obtain the Win variant. That's what this is- unfortunately, there's no rights access for a publisher to produce an "official" meatspace version for Linux. I'm just tickled that they (finally...) let Ryan provide it to us.

Comment

12072008 in the name of installer support this.. It was probably done three months before published

Comment

Working...
                  X