No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1 Driver For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your card is so old that oss drivers are available since a few years. If you dont need max 3d performance or xvba it should do without fglrx.

Comment

I need max 3d performance and a good experience on a desktop. HD3xxx and 4xxx aren't considered as legacy products yet, so AMD must realease drivers with improvement support on that cards

Comment

I just upgraded today to 12.1 on my Debian SID box. The xv video bug is still there but now the Gnome Shell works without artifacts, also played Oil Rush under Gnome Shell just perfect.

For the video, under gstreamer applications like Totem, I run gstreamer-properties to set the video to X windows system without xv until the bug is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by DINAMIK View Post
          I have installed catalyst 12.1 on Linux mint 12...

bad news... poor performance. all desktop experience laggy... my card is an HD4670.
          I hope enjoy gnome 3 before my card will be considered as legacy product.
          just turning off vsync in clutter did the trick. All the lag while moving windows etc is gone, works beautifully, a good release (apart from broken xv)

Comment

I am still getting the "Unsupported hardware" overlay with my HD 7970. This is really annoying ...

Comment

Without xv support skype does not work - or do you know a workaround for that?

Comment

Originally posted by xgt001 View Post
                just turning off vsync in clutter did the trick. All the lag while moving windows etc is gone, works beautifully, a good release (apart from broken xv)

can u help me with that? I have deactivated vsync from compiz settings. but it is not enough.

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Without xv support skype does not work - or do you know a workaround for that?
                  http://ekiga.org/

Comment

Originally posted by DINAMIK View Post
                    can u help me with that? I have deactivated vsync from compiz settings. but it is not enough.

thanks in advance
                    add this to your /etc/environment

export CLUTTER_VBLANK=none

Comment

info on Segfault...

On my system (6950 2GB, amd x6 1055t) if I install fglrx it causes Segmentation Faults... but I've just noticed with fglrx installed running an md5sum on a 1gb file gives the correct result the first time, and a DIFFERENT MD5SUM for every sequential run... remove fglrx and go back to xorg-edgers mesa and all is well again...

anyone else notice this?

EDIT: running Linuxmint 12 with kernel 3.3 rc1...

Comment

Working...
                      X