Fedora 19 Alpha Gets Its First Delay Due To UEFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
    That's understandable. It surprises me though no one has volunteered.
    Not that surprising really. Compared to the number of people who express interest in it, very few people actually step up to do something about it. While the number of contributors keeps increasing in Fedora, it is never really "enough" since we keep expanding the scope of the project. If you want to contribute, I would be happy to guide you. Drop me a email (Google it up).

Comment

Originally posted by AdamW View Post
      How much money? I'll take that bet.

... wait... so you are willing to bet money that f19 will be released in 90 days time? as scheduled?

eh eh eh

I've got a 100eur bill that is filling lonely

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
      (bleeding edge distro)
      gnome 3.8 will be 4 months old when f19 gets released (if it's on schedule, that is)... so much for bleeding edge

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
      You do understand that this is a community project, right?

. As it stands, Fedora 18 usage numbers are more-or-less in-line with Fedora 17.

- Gilboa

if by 'community' you mean a multi billion dollar corporation whose hat is red... yes.

I was using f17, several things drove me away from f18

anaconda

gnome 3.6 (and the fact it breaks all themes/ext again)

firewalld

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        gnome 3.8 will be 4 months old when f19 gets released (if it's on schedule, that is)... so much for bleeding edge
        Wow! One component out of 1000+ will be 4 month old when F19 is released. The horror.

if by 'community' you mean a multi billion dollar corporation whose hat is red... yes.
        *Shrug*

I was using f17, several things drove me away from f18
        anaconda
        gnome 3.6 (and the fact it breaks all themes/ext again)
        firewalld
        I don't use GNOME (KDE and XFCE), I have my own firewall scripts so I disabled firewalld and I managed to circumvent the broken Anaconda partition manager.
        To each his own, I guess.

BTW, given the fact that I'm old enough to actually have used RedHat Linux when Anaconda was developed (6.x?) I have no doubt that in in a year's time all the Anaconda issues will be long gone.

- Gilboa
        oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
        oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
        oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
        Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

... wait... so you are willing to bet money that f19 will be released in 90 days time? as scheduled?

eh eh eh

I've got a 100eur bill that is filling lonely
          Nope, you said "my money is on a oct/nov release", I bet it'll be way earlier than that.

We can split the difference, if you like. Current official date is July 2. You say "October". That's three months difference. So let's take a month and a half, and call the date August 15. Release on or before August 15, I win. Release after August 15, you win. 100 euro. Deal?

In case you're not aware, I do have some level of influence over when Fedora releases happen, so you're betting against an insider here :P

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Not that surprising really. Compared to the number of people who express interest in it, very few people actually step up to do something about it. While the number of contributors keeps increasing in Fedora, it is never really "enough" since we keep expanding the scope of the project. If you want to contribute, I would be happy to guide you. Drop me a email (Google it up).
            I don't have much to offer. Merely my language skills and effective sharing what I, as a Fedora n00b, have learned. This is why I engaged with AskFedora team, with the aim to improve it's quality by preventing trash posting rather than trash posting moderation. Kind of embarassing to say, I failed to present my draft I promised 3 weeks ago. I only drop in to moderate individual posts at AF from time to time. Thanks for the offer though. I'll keep this in mind.

BTW, I'm good at advocating certain projects but without fanboyism. To put it other way - a project has to deserve my advocacy By all means Fedora deserves it. Well, maybe except that issue with the Gnome 3.8

Comment

well, if you have the power to alter the outcome, then it would be pretty stupid of me to take the bet...

On a serious note, this is what I would do if I was in charge:

delay the alpha for one more week so it would ship with 3.10rc1 already

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post

Deal?
                Ok, done. Now let's watch Adam rushing the realease to win the bet.

Comment

Ok, done. Now let's watch Adam rushing the realease to win the bet.
                  That is not how it works. Adam has no veto over the release process. Releases can be done only when they meet the published release criteria and all blocker bugs has been fixed.

QA team on the whole has some leeway when considering bugs that are borderline but no single individual can rush the process.

Comment

full disclosure 'Honton', are you also involved with the fedora project?

Comment

f19 is going to be another fail like f18... I bet 20e that the alpha will be delayed again in a weeks time
                      Last edited by Matt607; 18 April 2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X