Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

Phoronix: Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

There is just two weeks to go until Munich's 177th Oktoberfest gets underway (though it's the 200 year anniversary) and again there will be a Phoronix presence this year at Oktoberfest...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will be in Munich from 1st to 3rd of October, at least that's what I've planned so far. My parents live in Munich, so getting a room isn't that hard for me

Comment

I would love to go! I'm actually living temporary in Germany so I might actually get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by kimble85 View Post
        I would love to go! I'm actually living temporary in Germany so I might actually get the chance.
        If you haven't experienced it already, be forewarned that Augustiner, Franziskaner, and other great Bavarian beverages are not like Carlsberg, Aass Gull, and the other beers you find up in Trondheim's Vinmonopolets
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Unfortunately I am not too much into all taht technical stuff which is being featured at phoronix, just a normal everyday Linux user. Am I still allowed to join you at Oktoberfest?

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
            Unfortunately I am not too much into all taht technical stuff which is being featured at phoronix, just a normal everyday Linux user. Am I still allowed to join you at Oktoberfest?
            Anyone's welcome unless they become a "Bierleichen"
            Michael Larabel

Comment

As I usually don't drink that much, you can be pretty sure that I won't become a Bierleiche . Acutually I'm just exercising for being able to keep up with you guys at Wiesn

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
                As I usually don't drink that much, you can be pretty sure that I won't become a Bierleiche . Acutually I'm just exercising for being able to keep up with you guys at Wiesn
                I can usually do about 10 Ma? a day before even thinking about being a Bierleiche (even when weighing less than 72 kilos), so good luck
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  If you haven't experienced it already, be forewarned that Augustiner, Franziskaner, and other great Bavarian beverages are not like Carlsberg, Aass Gull, and the other beers you find up in Trondheim's Vinmonopolets
                  Hehe true! I visited M?nchen earlier this summer and had a great time.

Comment

Michael, where will you be staying in Munchen?

Comment

Working...
                    X