Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last GNOME 3.8 Point Release Has Been Made

Phoronix: The Last GNOME 3.8 Point Release Has Been Made

GNOME 3.8.2 was released this morning and it serves as the last bug-fix release in the GNOME 3.8 series. All work now is being focused on GNOME 3.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm waiting for gnome 3.10 and their initial steps on wayland support

Comment

Thank god, this releases finally fixes the most annoying bug of all time: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=696882

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
        The Gnome shell developers are already piling up important fixes in the 3.8 branch. It is fair to assume continued development for 3.8

This kinda looks like the effort needed to bring gnome3 to RHEL. Will it be 3.8?
        This just stops the coordinated effort. Any module can release any stable version they want. So 3.8, but also any version before that (3.6, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
          Sure. Im just glad to see 3.8 keep moving ahead. And soon to be in Fedora and Debian testing. Im wondering if it will hit RHEL too. What do you think about that?
          Anyone who knows about RHEL7 cannot share any information either due to working for Red Hat or having a NDA. No clue what RHEL will use, I don't particularly care, I just use RHEL on servers. What matters to me is that it will use systemd (I RHEL7 alpha using user posted a question to systemd-devel). Regarding GNOME I guess RHEL wants to have that 'Classic' mode.

Comment

Working...
          X