Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Can Now Handle Gears

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Can Now Handle Gears

It turns out that minutes after writing AMD Open-Source S.I. Botched, Hope For The Future, a number of "RadeonSI" Gallium3D driver commits landed in mainline Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Christian. I don't have any SI hardware yet (6850 is my best for now), but I have high hopes for the future of these chips and their non-VLIW architecture.

Comment

The other big issue was a couple of instructions that weren't being handled properly in the new shader compiler, which Tom fixed late last week :

Test signature

Comment

Most of the infrastructure is already in place and has been for a while now for a relatively complete 3D driver. At this point it's mostly just a matter of narrowing down the failures and fixing bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          At this point it's mostly just a matter of narrowing down the failures and fixing bugs.
          ... and *that* gets a lot easier when you can actually see stuff on the screen
          Test signature

Comment

Milestone...

We can say now that radeonsi has hit the 'glxgears Milestone' !

Comment

Great work!

Btw, did I got it right that with GCN the shader compiler is easier (not easy!)
              to optimize compared to previous architectures?

Comment

Im very happy for all S.I. owner. But was not Christian K?nig working on Video Acceleration and try to implement UVD? Is this work now dead?

Comment

awesome i think i will reactivate my 7770 buy for september [i canceled the purchase 1 month ago cuz i can't simply tolerate using fglrx ever again] but now glamor and glxgears is the time

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                    Im very happy for all S.I. owner. But was not Christian K?nig working on Video Acceleration and try to implement UVD? Is this work now dead?
                    not UVD[this is drm mined and is very very unlike to be worked on] but video decode on shaders

Comment

Working...
                    X