No announcement yet.

Canonical's Working On A Unity 2D Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Qt? Why not take advantage of the similar work already done, ie the Enlightenment netbook shell?

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
      Isn't there a clean way to just base both the Unity2D and 3D on Qt, on a way that uses hardware acceleration when available? That would be a lot cleaner, if feasible!
      Yes, it would.
      But Canonical claims that there is absolutely no accessibility on Linux and they are the heroes to provide it finally which ? according to them ? makes the Nux-based Unity necessary: http://kamikazow.wordpress.com/2011/...6/#comment-578 (J. Riddel is a Canonical employee)

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      Why Qt? Why not take advantage of the similar work already done, ie the Enlightenment netbook shell?
      Maybe they realized that Qt is better.

Comment

How long before the 3D version of unity is built on QT too?

Makes a lot of sense given the development resources that are poured into QT, they are moving forward, and fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          http://kamikazow.wordpress.com/2011/...6/#comment-578 (J. Riddel is a Canonical employee)

Maybe they realized that Qt is better.
          Huahuahua, that link would explain that perfectly. Whoever is the manager for Unity has ADHD.

Comment

Originally posted by Misel View Post
            I tried getting along with Unity but it didn't work out. Two friends of mine and I have yet to find out how to even configure that thing. The most ridiculous thing is the panel on the left part of the screen. I couldn't figure out how to move it to another place or better yet make it autohide.
            the autohide (well something better: intelli-hide) is already working in 11.04 alpha. Works very nicely, but of course not for daily use yet

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks this is a terribly confusing name, given that Unity is also the name of a popular game dev platform (if you're on Windows or Mac for now)? Why was this sort of name collision allowed to happen?
              i think the worst collisions are the names "windows" and "apples"

Comment

Working...
              X