Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    Where is the Point?
    The point is that CUDA is something that is almost entirely used in a supercomputing context, especially when used with OpenACC. Having a dependency on a binary driver doesn't harm any of those customers.

Like I said, this whole thread is just more nvidia froth. Why not just post up the Linus pic and call it a day?

Comment

Its not our problem if you ignore the point of concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS View Post
        ARM:

Imagination:

Qualcomm:
        You need to sign up with https://developer.qualcomm.com/ to access anything useful that is specific to Qualcomm products, but both Adreno and Snapdragon use the ARM ISA anyhow so it isn't a big deal in this case.

It took me less than 5 minutes to find all of this.
        You're kidding right? We are talking GPU here...

Comment

Originally posted by ldesnogu View Post
          You're kidding right? We are talking GPU here...
          Actually, if you had any clue you would know that OpenACC is for heterogeneous parallel computing, which means using all available processing resources, both CPUs and GPUs. The examples I posted are to prove your statement false about those companies not posting documentation and to quiet those dumb enough to use your post as their primary source on the topic of ASI documentation availability instead of taking a few minutes to check for themselves.

Comment

Actually, if you had any clue you would know that OpenACC is for heterogeneous parallel computing, which means using all available processing resources, both CPUs and GPUs. The examples I posted are to prove your statement false about those companies not posting documentation and to quiet those dumb enough to use your post as their primary source on the topic of ASI documentation availability instead of taking a few minutes to check for themselves.
            From the start we talk about GPU ISA end the Article write about GPU ISA.

Comment

So where is ARM GPU documentation? As a reminder here is my original post:

Originally posted by ldesnogu View Post
              As far as I know ARM doesn't provide documentation for their GPUs. Imagination don't either. And Qualcomm don't.

In fact, I guess only Intel and AMD have provided doc for their instruction set, so Michael's contact seems wrong about everyone publishing documentation...
              I added the highlight just in case you can't see it.

As Nille just wrote all of this discussion has been around GPU and my message explicitly stated GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                Its not our problem if you ignore the point of concerns.
                I'm not ignoring your concerns, I'm dismissing them as absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                  I'm not ignoring your concerns, I'm dismissing them as absurd.
                  I'm dismissing you as absurd [email protected]. Why don't you guys @nvidia develop your own OpenACC compiler suite instead of leeching off open source projects?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                    I'm dismissing you as absurd [email protected]. Why don't you guys @nvidia develop your own OpenACC compiler suite instead of leeching off open source projects?
                    I think nvidia already got an OpenACC compiler from buying PGI

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                      I do not work at or for or own stock in either nvidia, amd or intel.

Comment

Working...
                      X