Bickering Continues About NVIDIA Using DMA-BUF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
    Is this the true level of literacy among open source faggots?
    "open source faggots" just show I'm right i just respond on your level sorry for fooling you with your own weapons.

Comment

open source faggots?
      What is wrong with the people here lately?

Comment

Originally Unix-based systems failed to gain desktop (i.e. mainstream) acceptance miserably. Despite having a huge headstart.

Exactly my point. Linux is used at servers because it works. Not because it is free, open source and so morally awesome.
        no linux just work because of the free mind and opensource and copyleft and the awesome morally.

but the different between your version and my version is the difference between a man who knows linux history and a man who just believe nvidias bullshit propaganda.

Comment

• Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
          no linux just work because of the free mind and opensource and copyleft and the awesome morally.

but the different between your version and my version is the difference between a man who knows linux history and a man who just believe nvidias bullshit propaganda.
          Are school dropouts allowed to comment here?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
            What is wrong with the people here lately?
            nvidia pay some trolls to fool us.

Comment

Are school dropouts allowed to comment here?
              you do have Total Posts:19 better don't ask how many total posts i have in this forum.

anyway i'm sure you are just another candidate for the medical health care system just because after you spend some time here you will get so many mental assfucks and fistfucks you will cry like a baby..

that?s guaranteed

Comment

• Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                you do have Total Posts:19 better don't ask how many total posts i have in this forum.

anyway i'm sure you are just another candidate for the medical health care system just because after you spend some time here you will get so many mental assfucks and fistfucks you will cry like a baby..

that?s guaranteed
                The number of forum posts is no sign of literacy. Or maturity.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
                  If they really care they could always open up their drivers.
                  They probably can't open all of their driver code, but AFAIK the kernel part of the driver only handles things like mode setting, memory management, etc. The "secret sauce" is (or should be) in the OpenGL driver, which is in userland, and thus not affected by the GPL?

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    So they are both under the GPL, just the former explicitly notes that. Changing it makes zero difference, (...)
                    As Alan Cox pointed out: the difference is making it more explicit what the license is, so that nobody can claim that they didn't know/understand. A judge/jury might be understanding about "sorry, I didn't see the LICENSE file among those thousands of other files", but they would be less understanding if the GPL was pushed into your face...

Comment

• Originally posted by asdx
                      I don't buy this "They probably can't open all of their code" excuse.

If they really want to open their driver code they will do it and they will find a way to do that.

Let's hope everything ends well and they try to play nicely with the Linux developers.
                      There's the thing that they don't legally own everything in their code and hardware, cause there are like 3rd party patents and similar stuff. So they'd have a very hard time opening these parts up.

Comment

Working...
                      X