Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six-Way Ubuntu Linux Laptop Benchmarks

Phoronix: Six-Way Ubuntu Linux Laptop Benchmarks

The latest open-source Linux benchmarks out of Phoronix is a six-way Linux laptop performance comparison featuring laptops/ultrabooks from Lenovo, Hewlett-Packard, ASUS, and Apple...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The main benchmark notebook is the battery time.
    And not with synthetic benchmarks.
    maybe on browsing (without flash please) or something like...

Comment

I think it's about time you differentiate quad core and dual core+hyperthreading (both say "4 cores"). Intel CPU names are also so hard to interpret...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg16 View Post
        I think it's about time you differentiate quad core and dual core+hyperthreading (both say "4 cores"). Intel CPU names are also so hard to interpret...
        For compatibility reasons it's always been rendered in system tables as number of logical cores.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Chromebook?

I'd love to see Michael's new Acer Haswell Chromebook added!

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
            I'd love to see Michael's new Acer Haswell Chromebook added!
            As said in the article, the Acer C720 review with these laptop results + more will be published later in the month... The Chromebook isn't even arriving until tomorrow.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by souenzzo View Post
              The main benchmark notebook is the battery time.
              And not with synthetic benchmarks.
              maybe on browsing (without flash please) or something like...
              I agree, this was not a laptop benchmark, it was a rather tame mobile cpu/gpu benchmark.

Comment

I am the only one who enjoys seeing 4-6 year old Thinkpads beat the crap out of the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by brunis View Post
                  I agree, this was not a laptop benchmark, it was a rather tame mobile cpu/gpu benchmark.
                  If any of you have a nice simulation script for doing browser use, etc, feel free to submit it to OpenBenchmarking.org. PTS already takes care of the power monitoring and other tasks.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    As said in the article, the Acer C720 review with these laptop results + more will be published later in the month... The Chromebook isn't even arriving until tomorrow.
                    Awesome, sorry I missed that, Michael!

Comment

Working...
                    X