Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Puts Out Software Compilation 4.4 Beta 1

Phoronix: KDE Puts Out Software Compilation 4.4 Beta 1

The KDE development community this morning has announced the release of KDE Software Compilation 4.4 Beta 1. This previously would have been known just as K Desktop Environment 4.4 Beta 1, but the rebranding took place...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Loving it!

Woohoo, tabbing in window management. I love this!

Comment

I hope only to log out quicker than 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        I hope only to log out quicker than 4.3
        Just enable the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace logout shortcut! Seriously, I think that this is usually a problem with Kdm. I know that Kubuntu 9.04 was very bad about this. I haven't had any problems with 9.10. I think this is a distro implementation problem.

Comment

Some links

Also no problems with logout here on Mandriva 2010. BTW here are some early previews with (pre-)beta 1:
          Video on Youtube
          Blog post preview

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown96 View Post
            Just enable the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace logout shortcut! Seriously, I think that this is usually a problem with Kdm. I know that Kubuntu 9.04 was very bad about this. I haven't had any problems with 9.10. I think this is a distro implementation problem.
            But I use Gentoo. My system needs 30 secs to boot and about 40secs for KDE to log out

Comment

This, dear Gnome fans, is a changelog.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                But I use Gentoo. My system needs 30 secs to boot and about 40secs for KDE to log out
                Yeah the logout time is embarrassing, I wonder what would people say if Windows 7 did that along with spitting pages or warnings, errors, segfaults.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD..._Release_Goals

This, dear Gnome fans, is a changelog.
                  Well nothing interesting, I'll install KDE when they will release leak free code, improve performance by a least 1.5x, and decrease memory usage by half. And maybe release more useful QT4 programs, but this is very unlikely.

Comment

I switched to KDE after 9 years of continual use of Gnome. Just for fun. I had free time and wanted to use something different.
                    Overall, KDE is impressive, especially Dolphin's preview abilities (I won't run a comparison between KDE and Gnome, no worthy reason) but this slowness in log-out time is atrocious

Comment

Working...
                    X