Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.24 Starts Working On A DirectWrite Implementation

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.24 Starts Working On A DirectWrite Implementation

Wine 1.7.24 was released today as the latest bi-weekly Wine development release and with this new version comes the start of some new functionality for running your favorite/necessary Windows programs under Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version steam still working, performance seems equal to 1.7.23 with same 343.13 drivers (punkbuster give more problems in this wine version in this test, maybe more later test other games with punkbuster)

However in depencies for build, in this wine version ask for libpcap-dev

Comment

So, will steam work in the future without supplying an additional parameter to disable DirectWrite (or something like that) ?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        So, will steam work in the future without supplying an additional parameter to disable DirectWrite (or something like that) ?
        Still needed but have some methods for evade this situation

In my case entry without see letters (if you want know location dont be problem)

Other method could if you have register dwrite entry saved on file (this step is very usefull for many things aka change location game if you want make rip and other things)

Comment

Direct3D 10 !!!

d3d10core: Implement d3d10_device_CopyResource()
          I wonder how close Wine is to the first working DirectX 10 games?

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
            I wonder how close Wine is to the first working DirectX 10 games?
            VERY far.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              VERY far.
              Can I assume then that they simply don't give a damn about dx10 support, or is it something else holding them back? DX9 is starting to be obsolete, I wish they'd get that through their heads.

Comment

Well there are status pages for directX etc. winapis(d3d10 79% implemented):

But I don't really know if there's any d3d10 app that is working yet.

Comment

This tests is with other punkbuster games with wine 1.7.24 + nvidia 343.13

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Test 2

Assassins Creed Revelations Multiplayer

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

FarCry 3 Multiplayer

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At simple seek punkbuster problem depend more of game where you can entry

Other titles too tested with Wine 1.7.24 + Nvidia 343.13

Saint Row The Third

In this wine game textures have minor flickering compared with 1.7.23 but character rendering problems still continue

The Saboteur

This title runs better than last time tested

Last edited by pinguinpc; 09 August 2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X