Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallium3D Support For Stream Out Arrives

Phoronix: Gallium3D Support For Stream Out Arrives

On the same-day as publishing new Gallium3D benchmarks of the ATI R300g driver, we have more Gallium3D news to share. Zack Rusin has just announced a new Gallium3D branch that provides support for "Stream Out" with this advanced graphics driver architecture...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good to know Zack Rusin has a sense of humor. Hope this is supported on G96 (GeForce 9400M) soon

P.S. - First!

Comment

And the benefit is...?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Zack Rusin has just announced a new Gallium3D branch that provides support for "Stream Out" with this advanced graphics driver architecture...
      So is it going to make Gallium drivers faster?

Comment

Fan of zack

I'm always happy to see Zack Rusin's posts when they appear in the feed from PlanetKDE. You are almost sure to read some funny post about some interesting new development.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
          So is it going to make Gallium drivers faster?
          No, it's just a mandatory feature in OpenGL 3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
            Cool, how far are you guys from OpenGL 3.0?

Comment

Presumably 0.1 version. (Mesa will jump to 8.0 when OpenGL 3.0 is supported.)

Comment

Hence the R600+ hardware requirement...

Originally posted by marek View Post
                Thanks, I see. This explains why R600+ hardware supports the feature. However, I also noticed from the mailing list that some R300+ hardware can also support it in a limited fashion. Is that going to be too limited to be useful, since these chips are only capable of OpenGL 2.x?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                  Thanks, I see. This explains why R600+ hardware supports the feature. However, I also noticed from the mailing list that some R300+ hardware can also support it in a limited fashion. Is that going to be too limited to be useful, since these chips are only capable of OpenGL 2.x?
                  if hardware supports something - it will be hardware accelerated in mesa.

so, if you would have a card that would support e.g 50% of opengl3 features, you obviously would not have a opengl3 compliant hardware.

but you will get hardware acceleration for those operations that hardware can do.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                    Cool, how far are you guys from OpenGL 3.0?

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    if hardware supports something - it will be hardware accelerated in mesa.
                    And if someone has the time to implement it.

Comment

Working...
                    X