Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston Adds Support For The Minimize Button

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Adds Support For The Minimize Button

Wayland clients running on the Weston compositor now have support for the minimize button...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It took 5 point releases to have working minimize buttons.

Comment

I'd say the fact they now exist is more important than how long they took. Good job

Comment

*picks his jaw up off the floor*

Anyway, good to hear, I'm happy just about any Wayland progress.
        Go go Wayland!

Comment

Yay!

Yay! This is what we've all been waiting for!

Finally!

Comment

Originally posted by sajmon5544 View Post
            *picks his jaw up off the floor*

Anyway, good to hear, I'm happy just about any Wayland progress.
            Go go Wayland!
            weston progress*

Do not mix up these two!

Wayland supported it long time ago, they just don't bother about how to implement in the compositor (weston) before.

Anyway, weston serves as example for others wanting to implement an actual wayland compositor.

Anyway, I'm happy too to see a progress there, can't wait for DEs to be compatible!
            Last edited by gufide; 19 February 2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
              weston progress*

Do not mix up these two!

Wayland supported it long time ago, they just don't bother about how to implement in the compositor (weston) before.

Anyway, weston serves as example for others wanting to implement an actual wayland compositor.

Anyway, I'm happy too to see a progress there, can't wait for DEs to be compatible!
              Well, it's rather that before the client couldn't say the server it wants to be minimized (because user has clicked on the minimize button).
              See current spec: http://wayland.freedesktop.org/docs/...l_surface.html
              You'll not there is no way to minimize.

The current xdg_shell work is done to replace wl_shell (which is rather limited), and minimizing is part of it.
              xdg_shell will also have a complete way to define states (enable decorations ? enable shadows around the surface? etc)

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
                weston progress*

Do not mix up these two!

Weston is a perfectly fine compositor only the shell part is a "toy".

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                  Weston is a perfectly fine compositor only the shell part is a "toy".
                  yeah, true! The compositor is completely fine and could be almost daily used. Not the shell.

But in this case the shell is a part of the compositor, just like Gnome3, so refering the shell as weston is not false.

Comment

Obligatory Weston is not Wayland comment here

10 chars.

Comment

Working...
                    X