Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Features To Find With The Imminent Release Of LLVM/Clang 3.5

Phoronix: The Features To Find With The Imminent Release Of LLVM/Clang 3.5

LLVM 3.5 is tentatively scheduled to be released tomorrow as the latest bi-annual update to the open-source compiler infrastructure along with its sub-projects like the Clang C/C++ front-end. If you haven't been following its development closely or trying out the pre-releases, here's a recap of some of the changes you can find with this newest release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The Features To Find With The Imminent Release Of LLVM/Clang 3.5

LLVM 3.5 is tentatively scheduled to be released tomorrow as the latest bi-annual update to the open-source compiler infrastructure along with its sub-projects like the Clang C/C++ front-end. If you haven't been following its development closely or trying out the pre-releases, here's a recap of some of the changes you can find with this newest release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc3OTI
    I guess they didn't finish integrating OpenMP support in time for 3.5. That's a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by nslay View Post
      I guess they didn't finish integrating OpenMP support in time for 3.5. That's a bummer.
      Right, they didn't land OpenMP for 3.5, sadly.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is also the highest priority feature that I am waiting for

Comment

That's Intel's responsibility.

Comment

Experimental here: https://clang-omp.github.io/

Comment

- Various AMD GPU LLVM back-end improvements.
              Hmmph, nice joke! I wouldn't call release with huge bugs like this a "huge improvement". Because most opencl programs can at least face LLVM bugs here and there or in worst case completely crash GPU (and recovery does not works most of time for crashes due to OpenCL). And then, say, DarkTable can't use MESA/LLVM OpenCL implementation at all - due to lack of ability to work with images. So while few years passed, LLVM still got a ***huge*** way to go when it comes to AMD GPUs. Right now AMD's opensource opencl implementation is a complete mess and holds the absolute record of being the most broken compiler I ever met.

Comment

Working...
              X