Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oktoberfest

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Most munichs I know dont go the the Oktoberfest anymore because they dont feel at home, it was much better 10-15 years ago. Now its some kind of multi-international Springbreak or something

The same thing has happened at many of the Oktoberfest festivals in the USA - They more often resemble St. Patrick's Day than a German beer festival or German beer garden.

I think nothing beats the Englischer Garten in the spring for the perfect biergarten experience.

Comment

Originally posted by scytheman View Post
      ever heard of Berliner Biermeile?

http://www.bierfestival-berlin.de/
      No, but that's during the Desktop Summit. Definitely going to check it out!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bamtar View Post
        I think nothing beats the Englischer Garten in the spring for the perfect biergarten experience.
        Last I knew though at most of the biergartens in Englischer Garten they only served HB
        Michael Larabel

Comment

BTW, wth is Michael wearing as shoes? oO

I would have expected him to wear Haferlschuhe, but I guess that would be too bavarian :P

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            sure home cooks normally do not have high dangerous substances like 'Sodium bicarbonate' or special stuff like 100% purely gluten

Gluten is also to hold more Carbon dioxide to get more impact of the yeast and bakery soda.

and sure professionals also ad Ascorbic acid for even faster bigger impact of the Carbon dioxide because the ascorbic acid makes the dough hold more of carbon dioxide.

your imagination of the lye isn't the full story because only sodium bicarbonate lye brings the best result.

i also use sodium-carbonate lye in an boiling water to dive the bretzeln in it but you get a complete different result.

and another different is non professionals try to get the carbon dioxide in the dough by letting the yeast work.. but this is to slow for professionals so say just ad yeast for the taste and use bakery soda to get the Carbon dioxide

professionals can work very fast means instantly because they do not wait for the yeast.

you can do the same just ad double of dried yeast and bakery soda and do it instantly but waiting is cheaper.

and sure professional ovens are hot 400C-500C but this isn't so important you only taste the different if you make Pizza a pizza taste much better if you use an 500C professional oven this is because of the speed the pizza loses less taste by water boiling because its so fast 4-5 mins only.
            i have heard most of those "funky" ingredients through reading about bakery but i am a home cook and at the end i want to use "home" stuff unless absolutely necessary

and all started by my quest for the ultimate home pizza and after all the experimentation i found out that the temperature was the most important factor.

once my life gets better i ll probably invest in a oven stone and a mixer

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              BTW, wth is Michael wearing as shoes? oO

I would have expected him to wear Haferlschuhe, but I guess that would be too bavarian :P

http://www.trachten-mayr.at/fotos/HE...f_Antik_GR.jpg
              I love my toe shoes. It also strikes up interesting conversations at the wiesn with Bavarians. Some of them get quite angry with me for wearing such things with Lederhosens.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

off topic

Michael did you see the clover milestone or it isn't news material???

Comment

Here's a view of the Theresienwiese taken yesterday 09/04/2011 from the head of the Bavaria:

(klick for enlarged image)

On the right you can see that the Augustiner tent has already been prepared.

@Michael: Since I'm in Munich the entire Wiesn time as well, please PN the specific times when you're in the Augustiner.

Comment

Originally posted by 7oby View Post
                    Here's a view of the Theresienwiese taken yesterday 09/04/2011 from the head of the Bavaria:

(klick for enlarged image)

On the right you can see that the Augustiner tent has already been prepared.

@Michael: Since I'm in Munich the entire Wiesn time as well, please PN the specific times when you're in the Augustiner.

AHHH!!! I see my tent I did good this weekend not thinking about Oktoberfest, but you ruined that for me now

I'm in Augustiner tent everyday basically and most of the day, except for when I have engagements elsewhere or other friends and colleagues visiting.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

He, I arrived AT munich yesterday and I definitively will go To The wies'n on monday. But I'll be in the br?urosl, and might come l8r to the augustiner, given that I find a way to get in:-) so i can't promise anything.

But maybe I'll try my luck on Sunday, when the italians are (hopefully) gone. When will you be there on those two days?

Comment

Working...
                      X