Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia Releases Qt 4.6 With Multi-Touch Support

Phoronix: Nokia Releases Qt 4.6 With Multi-Touch Support

Starting off December, Nokia has announced the release of Qt 4.6. This significant Qt tool-kit update introduces support for Symbian and also adds support for Microsoft Windows 7, Apple Mac OS X 10.6, and Maemo 6...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Preemptive snarky comments, Raymond Chen style:
    1. Michael should run his articles through a spell checker.(*)
    2. GTK is left further and further in the dust and sucks and I wish it would die.
    3. Gnome is not configurable, looks like Windows 98 and has Mono.

With those out of the way, another exciting release of Qt. I was worried that the library would start slipping when it was acquired by Nokia, but it has actually become stronger than ever (multitouch? great!)

(*) nah, the article is fine, but every other news post seems to have a similar comment so I decided to take initiative. :P

Comment

their multitouch implementation is interesting, but it doesn't mention the system requirements and I didn't find anything in their documentation either. Will it work on MPX or is it currently Win7 only?

Comment

imagine the whole kde desktop supporting multitouch...
        that would kick ass on tablet pcs.

Comment

Hint:
          multitouch = symbian.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
            their multitouch implementation is interesting, but it doesn't mention the system requirements and I didn't find anything in their documentation either. Will it work on MPX or is it currently Win7 only?
            It supports Windows and Mac:

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
              imagine the whole kde desktop supporting multitouch...
              that would kick ass on tablet pcs.
              As in the previous links, KDE SC 4.4 will support it, just it will work only in KDE for Windows and KDE for Mac builds until support for X11 is pushed in Qt:
              ?It will be supported in KDE 4.4. Th only catch is that right now X11 doesn't support it (..yet), so just as a tech demo will be possible to try it on the windows and mac builds of KDE?

Comment

What a wonderful piece of software Qt is.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                  2. GTK is left further and further in the dust and sucks and I wish it would die.
                  1. I think it's fine, everybody make mistakes.
                  2. What sucks in GTK so much?
                  3. What do you configure in KDE that much that makes you say this? Where does it look like Win98?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                    I wish stupid people would die, but unfortunately killing everyone on the planet is too much for any god.

Gathering the right people, content and resources, IT Pro gives professionals insight into the technologies and skills needed to take on the challenges

I took heat last time for showing a gnome 3 shot with a win 98 shot (which people actually believed fit into 8mb or some garbage). Now would these people who say gnome looks like windows 98 please shut up.

Comment

Working...
                    X