Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, just saw the repertoire of GoG and there are a few true jewels there. I'm eager now to see what cooperation with them will bring to Linux, especially two titles I'll be more than interested on seeing are Giants and Sacrifice, and the whole lot of course, but those two were my favorite titles of their day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julius View Post
      Not sure why I got twice the message that my posts in this tread have to be approved by a moderator, but now it seems to work.
      First posters for some of the forum areas have to be approved for their first handful of posts. All of us, myself included, had to deal with that one. Sorry it got you- though, I AM glad you persevered. I wouldn't have known about this one without it.

What ever... Here is my proposal again:
      My, my, my... Nice prospect. Added to the "checking into" list.

Their publisher is also a good prospect lead as well.

Comment

• Since GoG has among their catalog the first 2 fallout games, what chances are of porting those? I mean, with the impending release of Fallout 3 it might create a lot of interest and demand for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Since GoG has among their catalog the first 2 fallout games, what chances are of porting those? I mean, with the impending release of Fallout 3 it might create a lot of interest and demand for them.
          It's decent, I think. I haven't gotten in touch with 'em yet.

If they're cool with it all, I'm going to shoot for Freespace 2 (which is low hanging fruit for them and myself...) followed up by whatever else they're willing to let me help them help themselves with- preferably the Fallout series, including Tactics, first.

Comment

• Deus-Ex 3 would be nice once it's out. We poked them over at their home turf forum but so far it looks like a "not interested"... that said I don't know how hostile Eidos is in general <.=.<

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              they appear to have the porting/publication rights to pretty much all of Interplay's and a decent portion of CodeMaster's back catalogs. This brings to life a handful of prospects that we just weren't going to have a shot at because nobody seemed to know who had them. Now we do and they're not against the prospects- they'd do it themselves but they don't have resources.
              Clayfighter anyone? ^_^

Rrg. If I knew ANYTHING about programming in regards to games I'd so be talking to them right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by me262 View Post
                Clayfighter anyone? ^_^

Rrg. If I knew ANYTHING about programming in regards to games I'd so be talking to them right now.

you can usually most of the time start learning now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Deus-Ex 3 would be nice once it's out. We poked them over at their home turf forum but so far it looks like a "not interested"... that said I don't know how hostile Eidos is in general <.=.<
                  Not known to be. But, that's because nobody's talked with them in recent times- they might have been burned a bit badly by the Loki Games flameout as they had a deal with them over DeusEx when it was still a hot property. (The content, in a beta-ready state was purportedly returned to Eidos...whether or not that this is the case remains to be seen. However, we DO know Loki ended up owing them a bit of cash like they did to iD and a bunch of other players...).

Since it's a AAA, it's in the "maybe" list. Anyone that knows someone associated with Eidos that could get us with our foot in the door like we're working on with Paradox and GoG is welcome to change that status.

Comment

• So from what youre saying Svartalf, GoG has the publication rights to ALL the games in their catalog? So that means all of them are eligible for a linux port, arent thay? That would include games like Redneck Rampage, and Operation Flashpoint, right? Or do the game rights and publication rights are very different?

Comment

• CMR 2005 Please. CMR 2005 Please. Or ToCA.

Hmm... actually, I'd prefer Richard Burns Rally, but that's not coming. Hopefully GoG gets that game.

They still need to work out some more titles though. Hopefully it all pans out.

Comment

Working...
                      X