Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Updates For Vintage X.Org Drivers

Phoronix: Five Updates For Vintage X.Org Drivers

For any unfortunate souls still stuck to crippled graphics hardware, there's five X.Org drivers that have been updated this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Those devs are fighting windmills and winning, great.. actually it's pathetic.

Comment

Is this even worth reporting?

Comment

do these drivers supply any form of hardware acceleration, or are they pretty much just there so you can configure additional screens with xorg.conf and a full color spectrum?

Comment

Why yes, they all do XAA 2d accel

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
            Those devs are fighting windmills and winning, great.. actually it's pathetic.
            Why do you insist on belittling the work of others?

Originally posted by anonymous123456 View Post
            Is this even worth reporting?
            No.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
              Why do you insist on belittling the work of others?
              I don't insist, and they're belittling themselves by working for a whooping user-base of like 25 users, actually even less since probably not all of them are Linux users.

Comment

If they had fixed the i740 driver two years ago, they'd have 26 users.

Comment

The new xf86-video driver releases this weekend are for APM, i740, Newport, S3, and S3Virge. These are DDX drivers for old and rather obscure graphics processors.
                  Old? yes. Obscure? No.

F

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    I don't insist, and they're belittling themselves by working for a whooping user-base of like 25 users, actually even less since probably not all of them are Linux users.
                    Just to be clear, are you saying that those drivers should be killed off ? Those are the only two choices -- keep them working with new versions of X or kill them off.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X