No announcement yet.

Warsow Update Delivers New Maps & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not wolf:ET or ETQW? What about DOOM or serious sam or unreal.... Not FOSS but they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
      not wolf:ET or ETQW? What about DOOM or serious sam or unreal.... Not FOSS but they exist.
      We were talking about opensource projects that continue to live not dead in the water commercial ports.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageX View Post
        Even if there appear to be "many" first-person shooters for Linux every single one of them offers different gameplay if you dive deep enough into it.
        First-person shooters are totally overrated and get imo too much of media focus.

Originally posted by dscharrer View Post
        Thanks. While it started looking like I would be going through a list of strategy games in turn, there were quite some interesting games in the end. Definitely going to try Pingus.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          We were talking about opensource projects that continue to live not dead in the water commercial ports.
          "insert ioquake 3 title here"? alive you say?

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            First-person shooters are totally overrated
            Depends on what one is looking for.

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
            and get imo too much of media focus.
            There are reasons why FPS games often are in the media focus. They're technologically advanced, offer something for the eye and aggregate vivid communities of players (easy to get started, doesn't take hours to play a match). It's usually the communities making the buzz and keeping media attention alive.

That absolutely doesn't mean other genres wouldn't deserve more media coverage. For me it's not a matter of FPS getting too much of it (those games have many players, so of course they'll get covered) but more like "other games get too little it". Having a gameplay of high "nutritious value" (e.g. Widelands or FreeCiv, randomly picked wonderful games) for itself sadly isn't enough to receive good coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageX View Post
              For me it's not a matter of FPS getting too much of it (those games have many players, so of course they'll get covered) but more like "other games get too little it". Having a gameplay of high "nutritious value" (e.g. Widelands or FreeCiv, randomly picked wonderful games) for itself sadly isn't enough to receive good coverage.
              sadly other game types need more than a FPS, they need a FPS base for starters and more content over that
              i hope that now, having mature bases like ioquake/Warsow/Nexuiz/OpenArena, more games are produced on top of that, maybe RPGs ( themed like DeusEx/SystemShock would look good )

Comment

Working...
              X