Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fork Called For In MonoGame For Lean XNA, SDL 2 Focus

Phoronix: A Fork Called For In MonoGame For Lean XNA, SDL 2 Focus

The lead developer of MonoGame-SDL2 is investigating the forking of the library from upstream MonoGame to focus solely upon SDL2 platform support and being a lean implementation of Microsoft's XNA4 for games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You will have to have a license to publish your game for Android, right? I really don't care too much about iPhone/iPad.

Let alone publishing a game using a GPL license?

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      You will have to have a license to publish your game for Android, right?
      I don't think so, you can just publish a *.apk on your website or wherever.
      But you have to pay 99$ once, if you want to publish at Google Play (and obviously a 30% fee on your earnings).

Comment

Originally posted by sacridex View Post
        I don't think so, you can just publish a *.apk on your website or wherever.
        But you have to pay 99$ once, if you want to publish at Google Play (and obviously a 30% fee on your earnings).
        I think he was referring to the license for monodroid/monotuoch which you do need to buy from xamarin.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
          I think he was referring to the license for monodroid/monotuoch which you do need to buy from xamarin.
          Eheh... Yep! That's what I'm referring to and I did not state that. Heh.

MonoDroid is way too expensive for me.

Comment

Working...
          X