RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Can Now Handle Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    not UVD[this is drm mined and is very very unlike to be worked on] but video decode on shaders
    No he was also working on an UVD implementation but it was never clear if it can be released. I have talked with him around November 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Btw, did I got it right that with GCN the shader compiler is easier (not easy!) to optimize compared to previous architectures?
      Two part answer :

1. Yes, we believe so

2. One of the changes we made during initial SI support was moving from a fairly simple "shader assembler" to an llvm-based compiler, which will hopefully be doing some of that optimizing already.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
        No he was also working on an UVD implementation but it was never clear if it can be released. I have talked with him around November 2011.
        my bad you are right but i guess is still under NDA so he can't publish it or was rejected or is on hold until he get done some more important stuff first

anyway sorry i didn't look deep enough before posting
        have a nice day XD

Comment

Great news! I'm considering high end GCN-based card. Thank you, all open source driver developers!

Comment

Finally! We can now subsidize the windows catalyst driver with 95% of our support money by purchase hd7000 hardware for the open-source driver Radeon.
            What a bad joke purchase fascist-corporatism hardware from AMD,Intel,Nvidia is the best way inflict maximum harm to oneself.
            The radeon driver is sadly only a alibi driver in the fascist-corporatism game against the humanity.

But sure the consumer zombies will spend money on their own butcher even if they know the truth.

Criticism is not welcome because its bad for business and money makes the world turn around.

And now back to the commercial public relationship brainwashing bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by maldorordiscord View Post
              Finally! We can now subsidize the windows catalyst driver with 95% of our support money by purchase hd7000 hardware for the open-source driver Radeon.
              What a bad joke purchase fascist-corporatism hardware from AMD,Intel,Nvidia is the best way inflict maximum harm to oneself.
              The radeon driver is sadly only a alibi driver in the fascist-corporatism game against the humanity.

But sure the consumer zombies will spend money on their own butcher even if they know the truth.

Criticism is not welcome because its bad for business and money makes the world turn around.

And now back to the commercial public relationship brainwashing bullshit.
              Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!
                Sauerkraut is much better than a "Mann" who do have nothing to say about the tropic than: "Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!"
                Anyway "fake account" try to read my post again and respond again with any little clue about my point.
                But sure "Sauerkraut" FUD is so much easier than write real arguments against my thesis.

Comment

Originally posted by maldorordiscord View Post
                  Sauerkraut is much better than a "Mann" who do have nothing to say about the tropic than: "Dude don't be such a Sauer Kraut!"
                  Anyway "fake account" try to read my post again and respond again with any little clue about my point.
                  But sure "Sauerkraut" FUD is so much easier than write real arguments against my thesis.
                  Q, is that you?

Comment

Let him hate. He cant hurt anyone =D

The reality is, I need 3D GFX on my main machine, so I have a choice of AMD, nVidia and Intel. Who do I choose? How do I choose? Intel's very tempting at the moment, because of the future support, but I like my AMD gears and this is the light at the end of the tunnel for AMD's future (they said this is a lot of new tech and once it's done, it's done!). Personally I'll put my money there for the forseeable future, rid my self of this Ti550 which was gifted to me and has been nothing but a painful experience performance wise, and since the 3.2 kernel, has been broken for me.
                    Hi

Comment

If you dont manage to setup a nv card correctly you must be doing everything wrong. btw. nvidia drivers work fine with kernel 3.5 as well

Comment

Working...
                      X