Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine's Powering Another Game, Engine Enhanced

Phoronix: Unigine's Powering Another Game, Engine Enhanced

There's some news to pass along today from Unigine Corp...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In the game web on the section about:

We plan to complete Cradle, our debut project, by spring 2012. PC will be our first launch platform for Cradle. Subsequent releases on Mac OS, Linux and portable iOS and Android-based devices are planned too.
    Last edited by Khudsa; 28 December 2011, 04:34 PM.

Comment

The setting seems completely uninspiring. Of course, that was true for the Fallout series, too, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

Comment

In other news Windows8 is written in C++ which has linux support, so while there is no official word that Windows8 will support linux here is hoping due to the use of a linux friendly language ...

Comment

if that game comes to Linux via Desura and has a decent setting, I'll buy it. But I'm kinda turned off by that "SinglePlayer" stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
            In other news Windows8 is written in C++ which has linux support, so while there is no official word that Windows8 will support linux here is hoping due to the use of a linux friendly language ...
            Unlike the last Unigine game Larabel announced, this one is actually planned for Linux. But you think he could have actually found that out for himself first.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
              if that game comes to Linux via Desura
              No, it will come via Steam
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                No, it will come via Steam
                With a free copy of UT3 bundled, and VIA Gallium3d-based OpenGL 2.1 drivers officially supported at the time the game is launched.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                  But I'm kinda turned off by that "SinglePlayer" stuff...
                  geez, that's a MMORPG generation for ya.
                  no respect for storytelling, atmosphere or methodical exploration, just cravings for more brain-dead shooting and slashing without a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
                    geez, that's a MMORPG generation for ya.
                    no respect for storytelling, atmosphere or methodical exploration, just cravings for more brain-dead shooting and slashing without a reason.
                    Storytelling is nice, but what do you do with a good story? Yes, exactly, you enjoy it with your buddies. Also, zombie shooters are cool .

Comment

Working...
                    X