Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Performance Of Intel Gallium3D

Phoronix: The Latest Performance Of Intel Gallium3D

Following the work by Google at the end of June to implement sRGB textures in the Intel i915 Gallium3D driver, new Phoronix benchmarks were conducted to see how the Intel Gallium3D driver now compares performance-wise to the classic i915 driver when using an Intel Atom i945 netbook.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Something's wrong with test for sure. Did you enable llvm support in mesa? i915g works _much_ faster for me, I can even play in doom3 and penumbra series with it (it was impossible with i915c). Also black and white (old dx7 game) in wine is much faster with i915g.

Comment

I totally agree with anarsoul - on my Extensa 5210 (T5600 + gma950) with Gentoo I almost doubled 3D performance by switching to i915g and SNA.

Comment

hah just as I ditched my netbook, this gets released. Oh well.

Comment

and how is performance for same ogl version 1.4 ?
          it was to be expeced that if you make ogl 2.1 calls that have to be emulated cause the hardware doesnt support it there ll be performance losses...

Comment

Mesa 8.1-devel was built with LLVM 3.0.
            Wait, you mean the i915g driver was built with LLVM support?

Or the whole thing was actually built with LLVM?

Comment

I think the issue here is the choice of machine. Gallium3D is pretty well known to use more CPU, this machine has a weak CPU, and these games are generally CPU-limited. I would want to see a benchmark with a Core2 CPU (like my tablet has) because I suspect i915g would win in some cases there (where is Nexuiz/Xonotic or other more graphics-heavy games?)

Comment

Originally posted by anarsoul View Post
                Something's wrong with test for sure. Did you enable llvm support in mesa? i915g works _much_ faster for me, I can even play in doom3 and penumbra series with it (it was impossible with i915c). Also black and white (old dx7 game) in wine is much faster with i915g.
                Really? Because Black and White is not working right for me through WINE on a Radeon HD 4670 and R600g. Things are not texturing properly.

Comment

Sauerbraten runs very slow(5-7fps) (and with lot of bugs) using 915c .Gallium runs better (18fps) and renders correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                    Really? Because Black and White is not working right for me through WINE on a Radeon HD 4670 and R600g. Things are not texturing properly.
                    That seems to be a Wine problem:

Comment

Working...
                    X