Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.2 Officially Released

Phoronix: GNOME 3.2 Officially Released

For those not busy at Oktoberfest this week or elsewhere, GNOME 3.2 is now available for those wishing to try out the latest GNOME desktop packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"The GNOME 3.2 release is coming as expected with a new file manager"

Can you please stop writing that GNOME 3.2 comes with a new file manager? "Emperor 0.1" has nothing to do with the official GNOME 3.2 release. The file manager is Nautilus. Emperor is an independent project targeting the GNOME platform.
    Last edited by 0xCAFE; 29 September 2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Michael: this is not an official Gnome file manager.

Originally posted by 0xCAFE View Post
      "The GNOME 3.2 release is coming as expected with a new file manager"

Can you please stop writing that GNOME 3.2 comes with a new file manager? "Emperor 0.1" has nothing to do with the official GNOME 3.2 release. The file manager is Nautilus. Emperor is an independent project targeting the GNOME platform.
      THANK YOU! A few of us mentioned this in the other thread where he mentioned the file manager so there's little excuse to replicate the error.

Comment

I reckon he's a bit loaded since he's 16 hours after Slashdot on posting anything regarding this news. Plus, he's actually chewing on a shoe in the picture.

Comment

Too drunk to write a proper and accurate article. Even a four year old could do better. Better enable adblock again, so he has less money to spend on beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Plus, he's actually chewing on a shoe in the picture.
            Oh common, as if _you_'re not chewing on a shoe every now and then.. yeah.. sure.
            It's a tradition here in Europe, some people throw shoes at politicians, we chew on them, it's all about shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              Too drunk to write a proper and accurate article. Even a four year old could do better. Better enable adblock again, so he has less money to spend on beer.
              ..and he's still wondering why nobody wants to pay for this..

Comment

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Phoronix lately...

Comment

GNOME 3 still not as apealing as gnome2 i guess old habits die hard hopefuly they will make a fully working classic gnome2 session available. Even windows 7 has classic theme or stily of u still prefer win 9x style. I dont see why gnome can give the choice . Right?

Comment

I gave Gnome-shell a solid chance, and it grew on me. At work I always have a ton of windows open at the same time, and the way Gnome-shell handles this is brilliant. It's so nice being able to simple drag a window into a new work space, and the way that work spaces add and delete themselves as needed is really elegant. At first I wasn't comfortable with the lack of minimize, but I finally understand what they were doing. Gnome-shell may not be for everyone, but it suites me fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X