• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
    No it can't.

Originally posted by _SXX_ View Post
    Someone, answer please!

Does it's mean that usage of DRI_PRIME will no longer able to crash my X server?
    I would think it's a bug, did you try searching for bug reports, or reporting it?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Is that works for you, intel uses DRI3 but radeon DRI2
      I suppose there is no DRI3 In vanilla Ubuntu 14.04 drivers stack so it's working.
      Though I not sure about Oibaf PPA because with it I have X crashes when trying to use PRIME.

and nouveau being third using by third nvidia card or what .
      Actually I put two Nvidia GPUs in my system (so it's Intel+AMD+Nvidia+Nvidia), but can't get it to work.
      Though Intel+AMD+One Nvidia worked at some point with Oibaf PPA, but looks broken now.

Just asking to have some "picture" of that experience, i don't like those multi gpu system i even avoid buying them .
      I have desktop PC so I can always disable Intel GPU if I'd like to, but I also using VGA passthrough to Windows VM so it's really useful that host system using Intel iGPU.

Comment

Someone, answer please!

Does it's mean that usage of DRI_PRIME will no longer able to crash my X server?
        Because some games with newer drivers make my X crash when I run games on AMD GPU and same with Nouveau.
        There has been recently a bug corrected in the Xserver that would have led to crashes with DRI2 DRI_PRIME.
        The bug is probably present in the xserver version you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
          I would think it's a bug, did you try searching for bug reports, or reporting it?
          There is several reports about crashes with AMD/Radeon, but not for game I used. Unfortunately I wasn't too successful in grabbing proper GDB crash dump of X because it's just didn't want to work well when I run it with debugger (following). Likely I just did something wrong, but no idea what cause a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
            There has been recently a bug corrected in the Xserver that would have led to crashes with DRI2 DRI_PRIME.
            The bug is probably present in the xserver version you are using.
            Oh I suppose you mean #80001? (this commit)
            Thanks for info I didn't seen it's fixed and yeah I tested Oibaf drivers more than week ago. Going to test latest drivers now.

Now it's interesting if there way to make my whole X not freeze when AMD GPU lockup happen...

Comment

Oh I suppose you mean #80001? (this commit)
              Thanks for info I didn't seen it's fixed and yeah I tested Oibaf drivers more than week ago. Going to test latest drivers now.

Now it's interesting if there way to make my whole X not freeze when AMD GPU lockup happen...
              You need new X server. Oibaf ppa only contain newer drivers and their dependencies.

Check out Xorg edgers ppa. (Though I may be good to first remove Oibaf ppa)

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
                You need new X server. Oibaf ppa only contain newer drivers and their dependencies.
                Oh yeah you're right, thanks.

Comment

Does this mean we can finally get a tearing-free DRI_PRIME support?

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                    Wow, what rich world full of amazingly powerful computers do YOU guys come from? 35fps IS smooth, and FPS games only need 60+fps if you're playing multiplayer (gotta be twitchy and all that), but if you're playing the storyline 35fps is just fine.
                    I WISH I could get 35+fps on any game other than League of Legends at the very lowest graphics settings.
                    They came from the world called "noobieland" and "rich.daddys.babies" The thing is that the real performance of the game depends on many factors - fps, latency, min/max fps, having stable fps(25 or 150, doesnt matter) instead of having always jumping fps i.e. from 60 to 300 is critical too, the general quality of the game engine and so on. There are some minimum numbers, that high quality games must reach to run smoothly, like 25 fps and so on. Like, many old games from 80s-90s run on my pc at 9999 fps, but that doesnt make them run good or smoothly. It depends on the game engine and the whole optimization, if game can run smoothly at 25 fps, 40 fps, 60 fps and so on. Like, half-life2 engine (source engine) needs at least 60 fps to run smoothly.

Comment

So.. How long until I can install a mainstream Linux distro and have my damn Optimus pos laptop work automatically?

Comment

Working...
                      X