Penny Arcade game to be release on 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    I bought it purely because they release here at the same price as in America. Generally we pay in pounds what Americans pay in dollars and currently it's almost $2 to the pound (lets not go in to Rock Band...)
    From the look of it, it seems as if downloading the Demo you actually get the whole game, which you can unlock with a code which you purchase... I'll purchase the license as soon as I can, this game really deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
      From the look of it, it seems as if downloading the Demo you actually get the whole game, which you can unlock with a code which you purchase... I'll purchase the license as soon as I can, this game really deserves it!
      Yeah it's the full game with limits imposed until you unlock it. A lot of indie developers do that as it saves bandwidth and probably cost.

Just played the demo for a bit... Can you say quality? I'm amazed how this game plays on my system, with all and Compiz running, and on x86_64, without a hitch. Linux people should buy this one in hordes (Ok, not in hordes, but seriously, excellent game!)
      There are a couple of bugs I've seen but nothing serious. All in all an awesome release.

Comment

Indeed. Kudos to Greenhouse (for not being afraid of the 800 pound Gorilla!)

Comment

Very funny game.. The demo runs well, even on older hardware
          Think i have found a birthday present for me

Comment

i'll just post what i've said elsewhere:

"not that fun when after fighting some stupid fruitfackers, meeting the guys, you're told to go meet some lady, you go to the main menu to see if you can save...well you can't...demo restriction?... but upon resuming the game you'll find out that your mouse cursor is not onscreen...back to menu...cursor in ok...back in game...no cursor... keyboard control? not available... exit game.... SegFault... rm -fr rainslick

more QA on the Linux version, kthxbye!"

and the demo seems to end there actually:

"what? for real? that sux then, if that's a demo what should i expect in the full version? more fruitfackers? bigger ones? more 30sec runs and combat, rince, and repeat?

where's the RPG part? the cat? "

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
              It's a casual game, based on the $20 pricetag- and it's more of an RPG, though it's a light one, as you go along in the game. By the by, if you're not a Penny Arcade fan, you probably wouldn't enjoy the game quite so much as it's more of an interactive version of the cartoon strip than anything else.

Let's face it, liacon... You're just not happy with much of anything and you seem to go a bit further than you need to in your comments, even apparently with new titles. If this isn't the case, you sure come across this way on much more than you ought to. You might want to stop and think about this one.

Comment

I just bought the game. It is really nice, works as expected, is *really* funny, and even more important: it has a native linux version.

Regarding saving: In the full version you can save any time and you get autosaves when leaving a screen level. So far I had no problems like crashes or graphic corruptions, no matter if playing in 1920x1200 fullscreen or 1024x768 windowed, both work fine. I am using a radeon 3850 with the latest catalyst 8.5 on a gentoo x86 unstable series.

Short version: well done game, thanks. So far really worth the 13.10€, lets see how long the game is...

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post

"not that fun when after fighting some stupid fruitfackers, meeting the guys, you're told to go meet some lady, you go to the main menu to see if you can save...well you can't...demo restriction?... but upon resuming the game you'll find out that your mouse cursor is not onscreen...back to menu...cursor in ok...back in game...no cursor... keyboard control? not available... exit game.... SegFault... rm -fr rainslick

more QA on the Linux version, kthxbye!"

and the demo seems to end there actually:

"what? for real? that sux then, if that's a demo what should i expect in the full version? more fruitfackers? bigger ones? more 30sec runs and combat, rince, and repeat?

where's the RPG part? the cat? "
                  Firstly all games/programs have bugs when they are first released on the PC there is just no way developers can test everything and I've not experienced any of the bugs you've mentioned and if you have problems ask in their tech support forums, they are there for a reason. As for the game play being bad? I like it, I think they've captured the spirit of the comic which is what they set out to do.
                  Oh by the by it's more of an adventure game than a RPG.

Comment

I just played the demo, or rather part of it. I had no bugs, it ran smoothly (on a geforce fx 5200).

Nice. Time to get my wallet

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                      Let's face it, liacon... You're just not happy with much of anything and you seem to go a bit further than you need to in your comments, even apparently with new titles. If this isn't the case, you sure come across this way on much more than you ought to. You might want to stop and think about this one.
                      dude you're taking things way too serious, on the gaming section of the forum

if I don't like it, it doesn't mean anything at all ( except maybe the nocursor/segfault part anyway )
                      if you and others like the game, have fun

Comment

Working...
                      X