Why Wayland & Weston Were Forked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soreau View Post
    Because what I need hasn't been written yet?
    All right, so what exactly do you need that extensions don't provide, then? Once again, you're pretty good at explaining things in technical terms, and that's exactly what I'm asking here.

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
      To be honest, I think it'd do less damage than this relentless public feuding. Regardless of who might originally be at fault, you're doing as much as he is to keep tempers flaring and make sure the whole world sees how disfunctional things are getting. If you and the others stopped responding, the issue would drop off the radar quickly enough...
      I do not want it to 'drop off the radar'. My intent here is to solve the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        All right, so what exactly do you need that extensions don't provide, then? Once again, you're pretty good at explaining things in technical terms, and that's exactly what I'm asking here.
        Yes, but I've already explained to the relevant audience in the paper. I can't keep repeating myself. Please all, give it a good sit-down before asking further questions.

Comment

I'd like to think of it more like building new bridges in addition to the others.
          Why would anyone want to work with you after the bullshit you have pulled? You seem like a guy that can't take personal responsibility, always puts the blame on others, gets angry fast, thinks he's better than everybody else... no one wants to work with people like that. You have done a good job enforcing that idea in this topic I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
            Why would anyone want to work with you after the bullshit you have pulled? You seem like a guy that can't take personal responsibility, always puts the blame on others, gets angry fast, thinks he's better than everybody else... no one wants to work with people like that. You have done a good job enforcing that idea in this topic I think.
            Why would anyone ever want to work with me? Why don't you ask the countless members that have in the past and continue to work with me. I would be interested to find out as well for myself.

Comment

I do not want it to 'drop off the radar'. My intent here is to solve the problems.
              So you'd rather persist with this stupid feud? How is that solving problems?

Comment

Why don't you ask the countless members that have in the past and continue to work with me.
                What previous projects have you started where you were the leader? I checked Ohloh.net and your github but there isn't much there. It's a bit different to start a new community than work in existing one.

Comment

Yes, but I've already explained to the relevant audience in the paper. I can't keep repeating myself. Please all, give it a good sit-down before asking further questions.
                  What paper do you mean? This article, or something else?

Comment

Minimize and maximize

I still don't get why there is a protocol need for that.
                    What are the characteristic of a minimized window, apart from the fact that its surface is not displayed?
                    Same with maximize, what does the maximized type (or state, if it would be a state) implies, and why does it change for the protocol? Or is it for games windows, that take the full display?

Those may be naive questions, but minimize/maximize is discussed often around Wayland/Weston, so I'd like to know more about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by erendorn View Post
                      I still don't get why there is a protocol need for that.
                      I am far away from understanding everything wayland related. But I think one reason is CSD - the client is responsible for the decoration. That makes it neccessary for the client to tell the compositor "minimize requested".

Comment

Working...
                      X