Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get an Express Gate tutorial for the resolution fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPARTAN View Post
    Hi Jerame,
    Here are a few pointers on checking which version is installed.
    If you are on a Laptop then you can probably assume that it is the HDD version that is installed (unless it is an EeePC)
    If it is a motherboard based version then you can check for the following:
    Look around the motherboard (probably in the bottom right hand corner) for a small circuit board soldered at 90 degrees to the motherboard, it should be about the size of a memory stick. If you can see one then you are most likely running the USB version.

Finally, if you cannot see any USB stick soldered to your motherboard then you are most probably running the SSD version.

You can also try downloading the latest update for your computer from the Asus website, if it has an MSI file inside it then you are running the HDD version and if it is a DFI file then you are running the USB/SSD version.

Good luck with everything

You may find that the way I have shown you doesn't work in which case just follow my instructions for adding the Terminal to your ExpressGate and type the following into the terminal:

Code:
    export DI_HAVE_RES_LIST='1024x768x24x60,1280x1024x24x60,<your res>'
    python /usr/lib/dvm-config/runRes.py
    Then select your resolution on the window that appears and click OK, it should ask you to restart and then it should work.

Regards,

SPARTAN
    Okay, I will be checking for the version of my ExpressGate shortly. I'm currently getting Linux right now. I actually miss having it, lol. Anyways, I noticed your site has a tutorial for the SSD version, will it work for the other versions as well, or do you have another tutorial for the HDD/USB versions?

Comment

Well the tutorial on my site is designed around the SSD version (DFI files etc.) but you can relatively easily adapt some of the stuff to the other versions.

For example, the HDD version also uses SQX files so you will need to get the squashfs-tools that I list on my tutorial, but you won't need to create an updated DFI file or use the patcher to update it. You can just grab the SQX files directly off the SplashTop partition, modify them and re-compress them before putting them back on the correct partition.

Just keep in mind that if you do modify any system files you will need to update the version file, just download the DVM-Version.exe file from my website and run it in linux using the following command:

Code:
      mono DVM-Version.exe [Path to SplashTop directory] [Path to new version file] [Version number]
      Version number is formatted like this: x.x.x.x

Good luck, and I'm sure you will be able to find any other information you need in the forums

Comment

Thank you very much! You have been the greatest help to me since I began looking into modding ExpressGate, haha. Have a great day, sir

Comment

LOL, I'm glad I could help

Comment

Step by step?

Originally posted by Jarame View Post
            Thank you very much! You have been the greatest help to me since I began looking into modding ExpressGate, haha. Have a great day, sir
            Hey Jarame,

Did you ever succeed at getting your UL50 resolution fixed? If so, would you post a step-by-step? Maybe I should be able to figure it all out from here, but I just haven't been able to do so...

Thanks,

ejbman

Comment

Working...
            X