What are test options/combinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are test options/combinations?

What are test options/combinations and how can I handle them using the CLI or config files? I found a RunAllTestCombinations boolean variable in the Phoronix config (PhoronixTestSuite/Options/BatchMode/RunAllTestCombinations), but I'm not sure what it means.

Thanks!

See the included HTML documentation or the PDF documentation from the web-site as all options should be documented.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I haven't found anything related to handling test combinations from the CLI without user intervention. I want to automate the PTS to run some tests on a daily basis, without having to answer any questions.

Code:
      [abcd@centospts phoronix-test-suite]$ ./phoronix-test-suite run dbench

Phoronix Test Suite v3.2.1
      Dbench Test Configuration

Client Count:

1: 1
      2: 6
      3: 12
      4: 48
      5: 128
      6: 256
      7: Test All Options

Enter Your Choice:
      I found that I can configure the batch to run all test options and then I can do a batch-run so it won't ask me anything, but is this useful for all the tests? Some memory tests give me the option of doing read or write tests, so for these it makes sense to run all the test options. What I don't understand are the dbench test options.

Comment

Originally posted by abcd View Post
        I haven't found anything related to handling test combinations from the CLI without user intervention. I want to automate the PTS to run some tests on a daily basis, without having to answer any questions.

Code:
        [abcd@centospts phoronix-test-suite]$ ./phoronix-test-suite run dbench

Phoronix Test Suite v3.2.1
        Dbench Test Configuration

Client Count:

1: 1
        2: 6
        3: 12
        4: 48
        5: 128
        6: 256
        7: Test All Options

Enter Your Choice:
        I found that I can configure the batch to run all test options and then I can do a batch-run so it won't ask me anything, but is this useful for all the tests? Some memory tests give me the option of doing read or write tests, so for these it makes sense to run all the test options. What I don't understand are the dbench test options.
        Yes, batch-run is what you want (after configuring it via batch-setup). If you don't want to run all combinations of tests, then just build a suite of what you want:

phoronix-test-suite build-suite

and select all the tests and options you want to run.... then each day just run phoronix-test-suite batch-run your-suite-name.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yes, batch-run is what you want (after configuring it via batch-setup). If you don't want to run all combinations of tests, then just build a suite of what you want:

phoronix-test-suite build-suite

and select all the tests and options you want to run.... then each day just run phoronix-test-suite batch-run your-suite-name.
          Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

I want to take this one step further and automate the build-suite process also. So far I've done it using a heredoc but the pdf documentation implies that there is a way to specify options after "phoronix-test-suite build-suite --options" that will allow the process to be much more efficient. Does anyone have an example of building a suite in one line (i.e building only the floating point arith from pts/byte and random read from pts/tiobench in the same suite)?

Comment

Working...
            X