Clear All

Originally posted by Tipoussin View Post
    Any idea ?
    ./ati-installer.sh 13.251 --buildpkg Ubuntu/saucy

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      25.10. ==> release stream 13.30 branched out ==> unreleased

30.12. ==> release stream 13.35 branched out ==> unreleased

31.12. ==> new master release stream 14.10 ==> ??? :-)
      where did you get those nice informations from??

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomme View Post
        where did you get those nice informations from??
        For example:

Comment

Originally posted by vein View Post
          Hmm...intresting... I have Ubuntu 64-bit and 7950..and I went from 13.4 drivers to 13.12 version.

I had no problems with the installer (I see that others need a patch to get it to work...I didn't on ubuntu). And now I have no problems at all. THe 13.4 drivers were very stable but I had some problems with waking up from hibernate and poor game performance. Now I have had no problems at all with hibernate and I am gaming DOTA2 with fullhd and everything on high...And I just installed Metro: Last Light and got pretty good perfomance there aswell.

Something probably went wrong when you installed the drivers... Happens to me both on windows and linux sometimes...and both with Nvidia and AMD.
          Well, I forgot to mention that I also have two monitors (actually, monitor and a projector), which was pain in the a** with 12.04 (I reported several bugs). I never upgraded to 12.10 or 13.04 because all the bugs with more than one monitor setup were still present, untill 13.10.

Anyway, I tried official Ubuntu packages for fglrx, both offered versions, with similar results - artifacts on the screen, loosing the ability to play videos, random X crashing, flickering in steam client window, games that use opengl crashing at start (even glxgears). Yesterday I had it enough and installed MATE desktop and 13.12 drivers again. Nothing of mentioned errors so far (happy new year?)... So, it's the crappy Unity that did the thing for me, my apologies to Catalyst developpers.

Comment

Originally posted by zzarko View Post
            Well, I forgot to mention that I also have two monitors (actually, monitor and a projector), which was pain in the a** with 12.04 (I reported several bugs). I never upgraded to 12.10 or 13.04 because all the bugs with more than one monitor setup were still present, untill 13.10.

Anyway, I tried official Ubuntu packages for fglrx, both offered versions, with similar results - artifacts on the screen, loosing the ability to play videos, random X crashing, flickering in steam client window, games that use opengl crashing at start (even glxgears). Yesterday I had it enough and installed MATE desktop and 13.12 drivers again. Nothing of mentioned errors so far (happy new year?)... So, it's the crappy Unity that did the thing for me, my apologies to Catalyst developpers.
            Ok, then I understand it fully. I am using old Gnome Classic in Ubuntu 12.04 and it works pretty good. Also, I have not had any problems with KDE, more than in gaming...games do not work with KDE...

Comment

Funny statement, games defintely work with KDE, i use KDE 4.8 all the day with latest kernels and gfx drivers. Compared to other desktop environments which require composite for standard use you can even disable that with a hotkey on demand (alt+shift+f12), other DE can only disable fx for fullscreen apps. Btw. Debian has patched 13.12 with full support for kernel 3.13, i had to update the nvidia driver package for 3.13 on my own however. Feel free to try a Special ISO from

And use gfxdetect option, when you mount your Linux partition all you need to do is

ln -vs /media/<yourpartition>/home/<youruser>/.local/share/Steam ~/.local/share

and you have full access to your games (in case your hd user has standard id 1000, which is usally the default, check with id).

With a nightly from 140105 and newer there the firmware should support R9 280/290(x) gpus without fglrx as well, but mesa is a bit outdated in the automatically generated images. If somebody has 15 GB free in / and uses a Debian/Ubuntu system feel free to join #kanotix on freenode and look for me, then you can generate an iso on your box with mesa 10 (from SteamOS).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Funny statement, games defintely work with KDE, i use KDE 4.8 all the day with latest kernels and gfx drivers. Compared to other desktop environments which require composite for standard use you can even disable that with a hotkey on demand (alt+shift+f12), other DE can only disable fx for fullscreen apps. Btw. Debian has patched 13.12 with full support for kernel 3.13, i had to update the nvidia driver package for 3.13 on my own however. Feel free to try a Special ISO from

And use gfxdetect option, when you mount your Linux partition all you need to do is

and you have full access to your games (in case your hd user has standard id 1000, which is usally the default, check with id).

With a nightly from 140105 and newer there the firmware should support R9 280/290(x) gpus without fglrx as well, but mesa is a bit outdated in the automatically generated images. If somebody has 15 GB free in / and uses a Debian/Ubuntu system feel free to join #kanotix on freenode and look for me, then you can generate an iso on your box with mesa 10 (from SteamOS).
                Well, I admit that I am no expert with KDE...but when I installed kubuntu-desktop on my 12.04 and tried to run DOTA2, it didn't get the same perfomance as with gnome classic (it became laggy). And for some reason I could not use my mouse to move down on the map. I had to use the down key, "s". That is pretty annoying.

But are you saying that if I disable fx with alt+shift+f12 first, then I should be able to run games as normally? Cool...I'll test that.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post

can you please share the entry with the patch used on debian for the 3.13 kernel?

Comment

I adopted the ones from official Debian 13.12-3 package, no other special tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by fig_wright View Post
                      I also upgraded from driver version 13.04 to 13.12 on Mint Maya (based on Ubuntu 12.04) using these instructions and had no problems. I notice major improvements on HalfLife 2. In particular, the anti-aliasing is fixed. With 13.04 any AA setting at all would totally kill the frame-rate, but now I can run 4x AA and keep frame-rate above 50fps at 1200x700 on my pretty modest AMD APU rig (with all other graphics settings maxed out). I'm very pleased
                      to be fair this is the same on the latest oibaf FOSS driver too.

In fact before this cat was released the FOSS + Kernal fixed AA and Vsync with no mouse lag in improved performance almost parallel with catalyst but with more stability

all we need now is a CCC equivelent and no driconf isnt even in the ball park. We need color profiles and eyefinity suport ..

Its finally a good time to own AMD GPU's on Linux..

Yes i just had to re-read that statement twice

Comment

Working...
                      X