No announcement yet.

They Say A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a very sick feeling when seeing that damn logo and images on Phoronix.. It's too bright and hurts my eyes.. I don't know whats worse, the windows logo or the internet explorer one..

- D2G

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The bulk of pts-core is written in PHP5.
      Is PHP5 anything like Python? And why choose a markup language?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Is PHP5 anything like Python? And why choose a markup language?
        PHP isn't a markup language... It can be viewed as similar to Python, it all depends upon who you ask, but this isn't even relevant to this thread.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by d2globalinc View Post
          I got a very sick feeling when seeing that damn logo and images on Phoronix.. It's too bright and hurts my eyes.. I don't know whats worse, the windows logo or the internet explorer one..

- D2G
          I think the IE one. You can use Firefox on Windows, but IE is a complete piece of sh*t.

Comment

It's to prove win7 how much faster Linux really is! xD

Comment

Support for older Windows versions

What about older Windowses (XP mostly, not Vista)? Is there something in PTS tying it to a specific version of windows? I tend to believe that XP is still important for most people - even on new systems.

I think having support for all computing platforms helps PTS to pick up more steam. For example OEMs could use it for checking performance of their products.

Comment

Originally posted by bogdanbiv View Post
                What about older Windowses (XP mostly, not Vista)? Is there something in PTS tying it to a specific version of windows? I tend to believe that XP is still important for most people - even on new systems.

I think having support for all computing platforms helps PTS to pick up more steam. For example OEMs could use it for checking performance of their products.
                True, because WinXP is still favoured over Vista. From what I can see, Win7 and Vista are very similar... Even though people are raving about the new Win7.

Comment

how many of the tests depend on cygwin?

I fear that most of the tests depend on cygwin, so it's that what gets tested and not raw win7. There should be at least an option to disable these tests.

Comment

Man, that OS looks like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                      True, because WinXP is still favoured over Vista. From what I can see, Win7 and Vista are very similar... Even though people are raving about the new Win7.
                      Win7 uses kernel 6.1 (afaik vista uses 6.0), but they claim it uses kernel 7.0 and number 6.1 is just for compatibility with some apps. Maybe they just forget to change this number to 7.0 and it's just vista kernel?
                      Last edited by kraftman; 06 November 2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X