• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am using HD 4650.
    ati catalyst 10.9
    libva 0.31.1-1sds4.
    xvba 0.7.5.

I think libva is rightly compiled since i have libva-glx.so libva.so libva-tpi.so libva-x11.so

but i got this error when running vainfo.
    libva: libva version 0.31.1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

tried playback with mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi, got that error, and Video: no video error.

Any idea ?

Comment

• @popper

I watched several blurays, many of em used vc1. The vc1 encoders usually produced better results than the used h264 ones in most cases. h264 had much more noise in it. Most likely they did not use x264 which has usually a good quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
        @popper

I watched several blurays, many of em used vc1. The vc1 encoders usually produced better results than the used h264 ones in most cases. h264 had much more noise in it. Most likely they did not use x264 which has usually a good quality.
        yeah, even VC1 blue ray will look OK if you throw enough bits per second at it

for those few you have its probably worth looking at re-coding them with BR compliment x264 setting and making them consistent see http://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/

Comment

• Well recode to remove noise or what? How would you do that?

Comment

• after you rip your BR TS stream to HD, the simplest way would probably be to load the TS (transport stream) file into avidemux and use generic avidemux "Mplayer denoise3d" at its defaults , and perhaps a slight 10% "Msharpen" filter too for a GUI front end, or some shell line that includes these filters as you re-code

Comment

• Basically i watch the movie once and then the next. Usually i do not recode it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Basically i watch the movie once and then the next. Usually i do not recode it

What.... YOU Dont have a liveCD booted freeNAS tucked away on your LAN, or other server streaming your content to all your devices around the home on demand

OC the fact remains, if your looking to re-code to BR compliment x264 then its assumed you are into Highest "Visual quality" and have the burner and powerful PC to to do the job at least once.

Comment

• Originally posted by popper View Post
                  after you rip your BR TS stream to HD, the simplest way would probably be to load the TS (transport stream) file into avidemux and use generic avidemux "Mplayer denoise3d" at its defaults , and perhaps a slight 10% "Msharpen" filter too for a GUI front end, or some shell line that includes these filters as you re-code
                  This is generally not a good advice. Those filters are useful when you have a bad video source or you want to compress a video a lot. There is a compromise between image details and noise filtering, noise filtering on a detailed good quality video (like bluray) is in fact a bad idea, unless you want to compress from bluray -> 2 cd xvid/x264, then a noise filter can help to your compression.

If a video shows a little noise is more comfortable to some plp, and it is showing that the compressor is so good that it can compress noise details. If noise disturbs you too much you can enable tv noise filter or you media player noise filter.

Comment

• IMO anyone that even considers never mind actually use divx/xvid/Mpeg4 part2 in 2010/11 is crazy (unless you have a device that needs it explicitly), especially at low bit rates as it clearly destroys and blurs much detail.

x264 will always match or better the file size of the divx at the same quality bitrate setting.

if you want to keep quality and transparency to the original then just use a lower CRF say 16 for 8bit or add 12 to that if your using the new x264 10bit encode options alongside your filters.

BTW there are reports that show there are two distinct types of people in blind tests that eather prefer noise, or dont apparently...

Comment

• "alongside your filters"

Be careful with that. You probably are reading from doom9, or whatever. Much plp are from dvd to 1cd compression times, filters for bluray has to be at minimum, I should consider denoise3d a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X