No announcement yet.

"ati" on Intrepid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried intrepid alpha 4 LiveCD and I was expecting to have compiz working out of the box with my R500 based card. However I don't get it to work unless I did a (I found that suggestion at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=845236):
    Code:
    mkdir -p ~/.config/compiz/ && echo SKIP_CHECKS=yes >> ~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager
    There is probably some blacklist for my ATI card somewhere (/usr/bin/compiz only blacklist an intel chip).

Maybe that blacklist should be revised now that 3D is supported in R500.

Comment

It's not completely stable -- I think that the enhanced zoom desktop manages to crash my desktop most times I use it. Could be the reason for it still being blacklisted. Agreed though it might be nice to have it un-blacklisted for the release.

Comment

ATI cards on laptops are currently blacklisted. If your desktop card doesn't work, it must be a capability issue, I don't think there is any card specific blacklist.

Comment

I've gotten most components of compiz working with intrepid on an X1400, but I can't get transparent cube or skydome to work at all. Has anyone else gotten these to work? Is it more likely a compiz issue or a driver issue?

Comment

Originally posted by shoofy View Post
            I've gotten most components of compiz working with intrepid on an X1400, but I can't get transparent cube or skydome to work at all. Has anyone else gotten these to work? Is it more likely a compiz issue or a driver issue?
            I'd say compiz, as the kwin cube works well on my X1600 with the intrepid "ati" drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X