Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change installation destination from home directory

Hi All

Hopefully a very quick answer available ... searched but can't find and i'm not a coder at the end of the day ...

install.sh creates .phoronix-test-suite in home directory which is very small on the server i've been asked to test (<2GB) and due to this when installing a number suites to test comes back with error as no space ..

I want to install all results, modules etc under a different path that does have the lots of space but can't find easy answer or whether this is supported on the command line. Happy to modify files but need to know which ones ..

If you could let me know if there's a simple way to do this please .

Thanks

LolB

The directories can be modified within ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The directories can be modified within ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml.
      thanks Michael ... so this is changed post installation and will be reflected when called? As an aside, can the .phoronix-test-suite directories be removed that are now pointing to new location?

LolB

Comment

Originally posted by lolbuk View Post
        thanks Michael ... so this is changed post installation and will be reflected when called? As an aside, can the .phoronix-test-suite directories be removed that are now pointing to new location?

LolB
        It can be changed at anytime but tests need to be reinstalled once the install directory changes. Yes, the old directories can be removed.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          It can be changed at anytime but tests need to be reinstalled once the install directory changes. Yes, the old directories can be removed.
          thanks for this ... will test it all out

LolB

Comment

phoronix working directories and tests size

Hello

It's a very good idea to propose a choice for the location of some working directories (installed tests, results ..)

Anyway, I have a question after have been confronted to a "not enough space" message (for exemaple when trying to install "pts/aio-stress" test)

I searched in phoronix sites some infos about tests size, but unsuccesfully

Is there any description somewhere about the size of all available tests ?

Thanks for your help

Kindly yours

Serge

Comment

Originally posted by serguai59 View Post
              Hello

It's a very good idea to propose a choice for the location of some working directories (installed tests, results ..)

Anyway, I have a question after have been confronted to a "not enough space" message (for exemaple when trying to install "pts/aio-stress" test)

I searched in phoronix sites some infos about tests size, but unsuccesfully

Is there any description somewhere about the size of all available tests ?

Thanks for your help

Kindly yours

Serge
              If running phoronix-test-suite info <test name> it should show you estimates for both files needed to be downloaded and then the environment size upon installation.

Code:
              $ ./phoronix-test-suite info xonotic

Phoronix Test Suite v5.0.1
              Xonotic 0.7

Run Identifier: pts/xonotic-1.3.1
              Profile Version: 1.3.1
              Maintainer: Michael Larabel
              Test Type: Graphics
              Software Type: Game
              License Type: Free
              Test Status: Verified
              Project Web-Site: http://www.xonotic.org/
              Estimated Run-Time: 576 Seconds
              Download Size: 992.42 MB
              Environment Size: 1100 MB

Description: This is a benchmark of Xonotic, which is a fork of the DarkPlaces-based Nexuiz game. Development began in March of 2010 on the Xonotic game.

Test Installed: No
              Though for disk benchmarks like AIO-Stress, the disk size might not be reported since for some of the disk tests where there's configurable options, obviously the amount of disk space needed will vary.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Test package size : Great !!!

Hello Michael

Very fast and accurate answer !

The more I read about Phoronix tools, the more I'm astonished by the work done : very impressive ;o))

Thanks !!

PS : And sorry to haven't searched enough ...

See you

Comment

Working...
                X