Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's Retina MacBook Pro Causes Linux Woes

Phoronix: Apple's Retina MacBook Pro Causes Linux Woes

Linux on the 2012 Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display can cause some problems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Resolution

Not to be picky, but unless you purchased a special version of the MBPR, the MBPR resolution should be 2880x1800...

Comment

This is worth posting again (posted it months ago in response to an article where michael had a mac picture):

Last edited by allquixotic; 30 July 2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I'm more interested in what's under those black boxes in the picture.. hmmm

Comment

Thanks Michael. I won't even think to buy this apple's mess. Btw. why do you advertise apple so much? Are they paying or sponsoring you, perhaps?

Comment

Note to self, comments in the phoronix forum on topics relating to Apple products are not worth reading on.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
              Note to self, comments in the phoronix forum on topics relating to Apple products are not worth reading on.
              Apple makes good and beautifull hardware so i don't mind knowing how it performs under linux. The MBPr is one of the best laptops on the market. That said i wouldn't touch an apple product with a stick.

On a side note its a shame that we don't have a company like apple but FOSS friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                What are you talking about? That allquixotic post was pretty funny

Though the W icon in those pictures bothers me more than all the apple advertising :P

Comment

Originally posted by darinmiller View Post
                  Not to be picky, but unless you purchased a special version of the MBPR, the MBPR resolution should be 2880x1800...
                  Errr simple typo after already being burned out and typing too many articles yesterday. Thanks.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    Btw. why do you advertise apple so much? Are they paying or sponsoring you, perhaps?
                    *facepalm* why is it that everyone on the internet thinks that indie news sources like this are not allowed to have a personal preference? Michael has stated several times why he prefers some apple products. If he were sponsored, we'd see mac ads, he would likely have to be using their products in most of his tests, and he'd randomly bring up Apple as much as he does with beer. Also, he said he bought that MBPR
                    Last edited by schmidtbag; 31 July 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X