Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" Beta Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" Beta Released

Canonical has announced the final beta for the Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" products...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like it still ships with Mesa 9.0.3. What the hell happened?

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
      Looks like it still ships with Mesa 9.0.3. What the hell happened?
      Final will get 9.1 but its not in updates yet
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

In this new release, has Canonical dropped that <sarcasm>ingenious</sarcasm> feature from 12.10 that sent desktop searches to Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
          In this new release, has Canonical dropped that <sarcasm>ingenious</sarcasm> feature from 12.10 that sent desktop searches to Amazon?
          They never will
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by hoohoo View Post
            They will not include it on 13.04 because they want to polish it more, but it should be added to next version of ubuntu.

Anyways thats only part of unity, there are so many desktop environment (flavors) for ubuntu that if you are not using unity it shouldn't even matter.

Comment

I've seen someone post that they found Ubuntu doing location tracking too. They didn't post any proof but with all the data mining these days I wouldn't put it past them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                They will not include it on 13.04 because they want to polish it more, but it should be added to next version of ubuntu.
                Where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by Darxus View Post
                  Where did you hear that?

The smart-scopes feature seems to also include amazon...

Comment

You can disable under privacy settings

Comment

Working...
                    X