Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-BSD 10.0 RC4 Is Close Step Away From Final Release

Phoronix: PC-BSD 10.0 RC4 Is Close Step Away From Final Release

PC-BSD 10.0 RC4 is now available as one of the near-final releases of this major FreeBSD-derived operating system that is landing a new text-based installer, UEFI loader support, GNOME 3 / MATE / CInnamon desktops, and is shipping with all major FreeBSD 10.0 features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Bloat

Are PBI's still bloated as all hell? I've never had much luck with PC-BSD, all their home grown applications for managing it have been buggy, bordering on useless.

Comment

Originally posted by litfan View Post
      Are PBI's still bloated as all hell? I've never had much luck with PC-BSD, all their home grown applications for managing it have been buggy, bordering on useless.
      Maybe because you didn't care to troubleshoot it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
        Maybe because you didn't care to troubleshoot it in the first place.
        Nice jump to conclusions. I troubleshot it plenty, it just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by litfan View Post
          I've had no problem with the configuration application or the size of PBI files. The only issue that the control panel currently has is that it forces the user to reboot to change resolution or screen orientation, whereas it can occur without one using KDE's or Gnome's own tools. I imagine this issue has more to do with the recent adoption of KMS drivers and the control panel hasn't been updated.

Comment

Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
            Why did PCBSD developer, Kris Moore cross the road?

To buy a MacBook pro because he doesn't care about the usability of PCBSD

So I guess you still haven't killed yourself...
            Your life SUCKS; get over it...
            Last edited by Sergio; 16 January 2014, 10:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
              I've had no problem with the configuration application or the size of PBI files. The only issue that the control panel currently has is that it forces the user to reboot to change resolution or screen orientation, whereas it can occur without one using KDE's or Gnome's own tools. I imagine this issue has more to do with the recent adoption of KMS drivers and the control panel hasn't been updated.
              This is my biggest issue with it from the last time I used it. Other than that the OS was very functional, I was rather surprised

Comment

Working...
              X