Catalyst 7.12 slows down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mancunian View Post
    Almost correct: the OS is OpenSuse 10.3.

I have set all the extensions to false and have then commented out all the options in the device section. the gears are still down. re-activating the extensions and the different options one by one doesn't really change anything either. I am really lost here. Funny thing is, that Catalyst 7.11 worked almost flawlessly.
    well, i think that this is the time to get back to 7.11. if something works fine without great problems while after the upgrade has problems, then return to the old driver. you're not obliged to use the newest one. stick with 7.11 until 8.1 is out. maybe there was something wrong in the rendering of the 7.12 and thus, the fps got down. or maybe it's some issue with the igps. from the log it seems that everything works fine, so this is something inside the driver. i'm sorry for not being able to help you more on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
      well, i think that this is the time to get back to 7.11. if something works fine without great problems while after the upgrade has problems, then return to the old driver. you're not obliged to use the newest one. stick with 7.11 until 8.1 is out. maybe there was something wrong in the rendering of the 7.12 and thus, the fps got down. or maybe it's some issue with the igps. from the log it seems that everything works fine, so this is something inside the driver. i'm sorry for not being able to help you more on the matter.
      I take your advice and go back to 7.11. Thank you very much for so kindly spending all this time trying to help me.

Comment

DUDE! i ran into the same problem... well i just rememered that i had changed a setting in the CCC. Maybe you did too or had before and the new driver doesn't like that setting.

Anyways, check out your ati CCC and under more settings you will see wait for vertical refresh. i changed mine to back to OFF unless application specifies. Im not having those errors show up in my dmesg anymore and my fps has gone back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by agentc0re View Post
          DUDE! i ran into the same problem... well i just rememered that i had changed a setting in the CCC. Maybe you did too or had before and the new driver doesn't like that setting.

Anyways, check out your ati CCC and under more settings you will see wait for vertical refresh. i changed mine to back to OFF unless application specifies. Im not having those errors show up in my dmesg anymore and my fps has gone back to normal.
          You're genius! I had done the same, have now changed the setting for vertical refresh back to OFF and - hey presto - everything works as it should do. Thanks!

Comment

i've reported it as http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=971

Feel free to add anything i may have left out.

Comment

Originally posted by mancunian View Post
              You're genius! I had done the same, have now changed the setting for vertical refresh back to OFF and - hey presto - everything works as it should do. Thanks!
              where do you get this option?! i cannot find it anywhere in my ccc...

Comment

Originally posted by givemesugarr View Post
                where do you get this option?! i cannot find it anywhere in my ccc...
                You'll find it in: 3d --> more settings --> Wait for vertical refresh.

Comment

There's still something odd going on. I experience occasional freezes. They don't last long, mostly hardly longer than a split second, but still noticeable.

dmesg shows this error for these events:

Code:
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x0000001f not found in mutex list
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x0000001d not found in mutex list
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x00000019 not found in mutex list
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x00000020 not found in mutex list
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x00000021 not found in mutex list
                  [fglrx:firegl_free_mutex] *ERROR* mutex id 0x00000022 not found in mutex list
                  Any clue someone?

Comment

Happens to me too. But with 7.12 all is going nice. No for dmesg :P

Comment

Working...
                    X