No announcement yet.

AMD Zacate E-350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this I actually kept my order for the N210 which is now ready for pick-up. It's cheaper and handling BluRay rips it's the big thing for me.

Thank you fritsch

Comment

E350 does not provide the desired quality when playback HD movies

I've used the solution for months and realized the playback is not so well. Better off go and buy other graphic card and save some time and effort.

Comment

Just for information, if you are a xbmc user:

We developed native xvba support through xbmc. First implemented the ffmpeg part and later the callbacks for xbmc. All you need is: fglrx >= 11.11 installed, no more xvba-driver or other wrapper.

There are still some problems with the driver, but it is working really nice.
        So if you are driving a htpc with amd UVD hardware, you can give it a try:

What works:
        H264, VC-1, smooth 24p playback

What does not work:
        H264 Level > 4.1 (driver limitation, you will see artefacts)
        Shared Surfaces are a bit unstable, but they can be disabled (amd driver problem concerning interlacing and stuff)

Git: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/tree/xvba
        ppa: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/xbmc-xvba (build with pvr support)

Have fun

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
          Just for information, if you are a xbmc user:

We developed native xvba support through xbmc. First implemented the ffmpeg part and later the callbacks for xbmc. All you need is: fglrx >= 11.11 installed, no more xvba-driver or other wrapper.
          Whoa, this is awesome!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fritsch View Post
            All you need is: fglrx >= 11.11 installed, no more xvba-driver or other wrapper.
            I have Catalyst 11.11 installed (8.911), and trying to install xbmc, I get

Code:
            The following packages have unmet dependencies:
             xbmc : Depends: fglrx (>= 2:8.911) but 2:8.881-0ubuntu4.1 is to be installed
            I didn't build the packages, just ran the AMD installer, so fglrx shows up as not installed in Synaptic. For some odd reason, I always have problems with Eyefinity when I do the buildpkg route. BTW, on a Radeon HD 6950 with Ubuntu 11.10 x64.
            Last edited by devguy; 14 December 2011, 01:42 AM.

Comment

We packaged it to check that there is a ubuntu package of fglrx installed in order to avoid that people have it running on a broken environment.
              You could install the package or alternatively do something with -f and --ignore-missing (not recommended)

Comment

Just tried it with Ubuntu 11.10 + Catalyst 11.11 + AMD 780G (Radeon HD 3200) integrated GPU + XBMC from this ppa. Works great so far! I never got it to work with vaapi, but this just works. One minor annoyance is with seeking there is a bit of jumping forward and backward. But this is just a minor thing.

Comment

Just tried this and it works perfect! The few movies that did not work with the VAAPI wrapper work now and performance is great and I hated to install all the stuff for the wrapper! Thanks

Comment

This may be a late response for the thread, but this worked for me:

Setting up XBMC on Ubuntu with AMD Graphics card

XBMC Install and Config HOWTO for Linux on AMD Graphic Based Systems (tested with Zotac Zbox AD02, Zotac Zbox Nano AD10, Zotac NANO XS AD11) XBMC XVBA

My Setup:
                    Asus E45M-I Deluxe
                    8GB Kingstone (i guess generic RAM)
                    4x 2TB WD Red (using ZFS RaidZ2) < Not covered on the XBMC Guide
                    1x 64 Vertex 4 (split in 10 GB boot, the rest is ZFS Cache)
                    Chembro ES34069 (to fit it all in)
                    Azio Thumb Keyboard
                    Logitech F710
                    With Lubuntu -pulseaudio as base (I took Pulseaudio away so that I can use pSX Emulator on a 64 bit environment)

Comment

I am happy to say, that I am still using My Zacate Asus E45M-I Deluxe, altho i have changed the software a bit now a dedicated MediaServer, no XMBC, using Plex/Ubuntu14.04 now, and there is no GUI (hence server).

Comment

Working...
                      X