Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 18 Granted Some Feature Freeze Exceptions

Phoronix: Fedora 18 Granted Some Feature Freeze Exceptions

While the feature freeze is now in effect for Fedora 18, the Spherical Cow has been fed some feature freeze exceptions to enrich this forthcoming Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

- Simplified crash reporting via ABRT server for user-reported problems.
    It is simple, but I guess not simple enough. Nearly all of my KDE bugs were already reported, but not with ABRT and with seemingly unrelated problems. I wish ABRT would stop trying to debug random flash crashes that can't be reported. The biggest problem for me is the very large debug packages, or the auto-update-debug plugin sometimes getting enabled, and not ABRT.

Comment

Originally posted by tbelvin View Post
      It is simple, but I guess not simple enough. Nearly all of my KDE bugs were already reported, but not with ABRT and with seemingly unrelated problems. I wish ABRT would stop trying to debug random flash crashes that can't be reported. The biggest problem for me is the very large debug packages, or the auto-update-debug plugin sometimes getting enabled, and not ABRT.
      If you read the feature page, you will find that this is precisely the problem this feature is trying to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        If you read the feature page, you will find that this is precisely the problem this feature is trying to solve.
        Oof, ok no more debuginfo needed. Maybe add this feature to the F18 accepted feature page, and not just the one linked from the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by tbelvin View Post
          Oof, ok no more debuginfo needed. Maybe add this feature to the F18 accepted feature page, and not just the one linked from the meeting.
          http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/FeatureList
          That's a manual process usually done by the Fedora program manager but since it is a wiki, feel free to help.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            That's a manual process usually done by the Fedora program manager but since it is a wiki, feel free to help.
            Someone already beat me to it and soon I'll have almost no free time.

Comment

Working...
            X