No announcement yet.

Goodbye ATI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you should try to express yourself more clearly. I don't see what this has to do with pubic hair.

As for Gentoo, just because it's great and we love it, doesn't make it mainstream. It's nowhere to be seen here: http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Maybe you should try to express yourself more clearly. I don't see what this has to do with pubic hair.

As for Gentoo, just because it's great and we love it, doesn't make it mainstream. It's nowhere to be seen here: http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

people care as much about my pubic hair and my dribblings regarding ms Palin as they do about your frustrations with your gpu... now if you have an insight on how to make them work better in some way I for one would be interested or even if you would like a bug confirming from your fellow users and even getting a petition together to fix said bug I would be up for that too but just to cry in public 'waaa it doesn't work!' just leaves me feeling like phoronix has turned into neowin or hardforums - a place to cry and flame

[EDIT] and yeh gentoo isn't the most popular distro but its definitely mainstream, ofcourse the most popular distro of all is one of microsofts but that doesn't make it good or even relevant
      Last edited by D0pamine; 02 April 2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• I'm not crying. In the end, this thread is about me having a working NVidia card and you having just a keyboard for trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
          Irrelevant content ignored, removed, who cares, whatever....
          [EDIT] and yeh gentoo isn't the most popular distro but its definitely mainstream,
          Gentoo is exotic even in the context of Gentoo... your build can be very different depending on the hardware and compiler flags even with the same hardware. Such distros are known for impossible-to-reproduce bugs and crazy use cases that are impossible to recreate (not to mention, hardly worth the developers' time). That and you have noobs that use "uber compiler flags" that they claim to have 300 times the speed and 9000% win when they produce identical binaries. All of this translates to noise, and that's what RealNC was trying to get at. Don't pretend you didn't know what he was referring to and if you truly didn't catch it then you need to re-read his post a few times.

From a tester's standpoint, "Ubuntu XY.ZA" is an easier target to test for since they're using known binaries. This is why you see the bin/deb/rpm multirelease pattern...

<= Runs Arch quite happily

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            I'm not crying. In the end, this thread is about me having a working NVidia card and you having just a keyboard for trolling.
            well done, good on you, 'applause'

i may have a keyboard for trolling but you have a small penis - FLAME WAR ON BITCH oh yeh...
            Last edited by D0pamine; 02 April 2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
              Gentoo is exotic even in the context of Gentoo... your build can be very different depending on the hardware and compiler flags even with the same hardware. Such distros are known for impossible-to-reproduce bugs and crazy use cases that are impossible to recreate (not to mention, hardly worth the developers' time). That and you have noobs that use "uber compiler flags" that they claim to have 300 times the speed and 9000% win when they produce identical binaries. All of this translates to noise, and that's what RealNC was trying to get at. Don't pretend you didn't know what he was referring to and if you truly didn't catch it then you need to re-read his post a few times.

From a tester's standpoint, "Ubuntu XY.ZA" is an easier target to test for since they're using known binaries. This is why you see the bin/deb/rpm multirelease pattern...

<= Runs Arch quite happily
              dont tell me about gentoo - i've been using it for years and helping others with issues along the way - ask Naib if you dont believe me

anyway i need to find a wikipedia article to back my argument up whatever the fuck my argument is... ahh yeh that was it - i dont like whiners

Comment

• Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                Originally posted by Kazetsukai View Post
                Gentoo ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Gentoo turpis nisl, accumsan quis sodales at, feugiat et mauris. Aliquam ultricies mollis nunc. Vestibulum mattis hendrerit lacus, eu vestibulum magna lacinia eget. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Fusce vulputate nibh quis tellus convallis ac scelerisque dolor facilisis. Nullam eu ullamcorper mi. Nam laoreet semper molestie.

Morbi accumsan rhoncus nisl id interdum. Sed quis rhoncus lectus. Sed et dolor mi. Fusce pretium tempus fermentum. Etiam nec nibh odio. Nulla in velit at enim pharetra consequat.

<= Etiam quis egestas mauris.
                dont tell me about gentoo - i've been using it for years and helping others with issues along the way - ask Naib if you dont believe me

anyway i need to find a wikipedia article to back my argument up whatever the fuck my argument is... ahh yeh that was it - i dont like whiners
                Ahem. There, I replaced what you didn't read (and what you did in bold so it wouldn't confuse you) with Lorem Ipsum. Try again or fail. I don't care how many years you've been using it for... it doesn't change the nature of the distribution.
                Last edited by kazetsukai; 02 April 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
                  Ahem. There, I replaced what you didn't read (and what you did in bold so it wouldn't confuse you) with Lorem Ipsum. Try again or fail. I don't care how many years you've been using it for... it doesn't change the nature of the distribution.
                  dude seriously, gentoo and the gentoo community are responsible for fixing more bugs than pretty much any other distro, yes you can compile things in different ways - thats how things get fixed you numpty!

Comment

• Facts sometimes trump sectarian tunnel vision

Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
                    dude seriously, gentoo and the gentoo community are responsible for fixing more bugs than pretty much any other distro, yes you can compile things in different ways - thats how things get fixed you numpty!
                    Loyalty is an admirable quality but let's not get carried away. Debian underpins a *lot* of distros and they fix more bugs than all the other distros.

Where gentoo scores heavily for me is the docu. Along with arch they have raised the bar regarding user guides and stuff. A lot of people will look to arch and gentoo online docu first.

Comment

• Originally posted by gordboy View Post
                      Loyalty is an admirable quality but let's not get carried away. Debian underpins a *lot* of distros and they fix more bugs than all the other distros.

Where gentoo scores heavily for me is the docu. Along with arch they have raised the bar regarding user guides and stuff. A lot of people will look to arch and gentoo online docu first.
                      Same source code makes gentoo or debian or whatever you want. Things get fixed because end users can easily recompile things with different cflags, patches and use flags and not just whine on a forum.

you really think i'm some sort of sycophant with loyalty to blah distro - i really dont care - if you can find me something better for development you show me ? on the other hand if you think i'm dicking around for 3 hours setting up my sisters laptop you can forget it - she'll get debian or mint or some crap i wouldn't use personally but just works

is this thread dead yet - its completely off topic anyway

[EDIT] the point was gentoo-gnu/linux isn't exotic, debian-gnu/hurd is exotic in my opinion and you'd be struggling to get your nvidia blob running on it but its still nice
                      Last edited by D0pamine; 02 April 2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X