Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.1 Officially Released With Weston 1.1

Phoronix: Wayland 1.1 Officially Released With Weston 1.1

The first post-1.0 release of the Wayland Display Server protocol and the Weston reference compositor implementation has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Sponsored by Scott Moreau" <= inb4 this.

Comment

Still no...

Still no XWayland, no minimize window.

Oh, and mouse pointer acceleration, or automatic input language detection without configuration file?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Oh, and mouse pointer acceleration, or automatic input language detection without configuration file?
        Canonical must be disappointed, they'll have no code to steal yet to implement these features.

Comment

I'm all for what's canonical doing but please, stop this butthurt with Mir - this is a news about Wayland, not Ubuntu/Unity/Canonical...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

minimize is being worked out. mouse pointer acceleration was daniel's job but he may have passed that off. language idk.

and I thought xwayland had to be merged into the x server, not wayland
            Last edited by Darxus; 16 April 2013, 12:51 PM. Reason: accidental, should be restored to original, sorry
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Siekacz View Post
              I'm all for what's canonical doing but please, stop this butthurt with Mir - this is a news about Wayland, not Ubuntu/Unity/Canonical...
              +1

Put some Preparation H on your tushes and buck up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                and I thought xwayland had to be merged into the x server, not wayland
                Yes, xwayland mostly refers to modifications to x.org. I can't be sure what uid313 was referring to, but 1) there is a segfault bug that makes xwayland basically not usable, known since September ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59983 ), and 2) xwayland has not yet been committed upstream.

("Edit Post" is way too close to "Reply With Quote".)

Comment

Originally posted by Darxus View Post
                  Yes, xwayland mostly refers to modifications to x.org. I can't be sure what uid313 was referring to, but 1) there is a segfault bug that makes xwayland basically not usable, known since September ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59983 ), and 2) xwayland has not yet been committed upstream.

("Edit Post" is way too close to "Reply With Quote".)
                  Hopefully app devs will start porting stuff to GTK3 (mozilla are you listening) and other compatible toolkits and we won't be an urgent need for xwayland. At least for most apps.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                    Hopefully app devs will start porting stuff to GTK3 (mozilla are you listening) and other compatible toolkits and we won't be an urgent need for xwayland. At least for most apps.
                    Bug 627699 - Port GTK2 to GTK3 .

Comment

Working...
                    X