Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.3 Release Candidate 3 Is Out

Phoronix: KDE 4.3 Release Candidate 3 Is Out

KDE 4.3 will be released next week, but as a last minute testing version, a third release candidate has made its way out of the K-camp. KDE 4.3 RC3 contains bug fixes, including a notable one that should improve the performance of Plasma...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: KDE 4.3 Release Candidate 3 Is Out

KDE 4.3 will be released next week, but as a last minute testing version, a third release candidate has made its way out of the K-camp. KDE 4.3 RC3 contains bug fixes, including a notable one that should improve the performance of Plasma...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzM5OA
    KDE 4.3 was delayed by 1 week.

Comment

Thank you so much KDE Team!
      I can not wait until it gets in Debian sid.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-carlos View Post
        Thank you so much KDE Team!
        I can not wait until it gets in Debian sid.
        Same here...KDE 4 has a way to go before it approaches the usability and configurability of KDE 3.5

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
          Same here...KDE 4 has a way to go before it approaches the usability and configurability of KDE 3.5
          You are serious? I mean it was a valid complaint for 4.0 and 4.1 but have you really tried 4.3? This is by far the best KDE release ever (the preceding holder of this title was 3.5...)

All the (minor) issues I'm having are either related to new concepts (activities aren't still working as they should, imho) or were issues that existed in 3.5 too (issues with konq & kopete, specifically)

I would like to hear concrete examples of the usability / configurability problems you are having... Maybe a solution already exists?

I've been running rc1 and rc2 without any glitches and so far rc3 shows the same stability. I have to say it's gonna be a (greatly needed) rock-solid release (at last!)

Comment

Working...
          X