The Status Of DRI2, GEM, KMS, Etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Status Of DRI2, GEM, KMS, Etc...

Phoronix: The Status Of DRI2, GEM, KMS, Etc...

Later this week at OSCON 2008, Intel's Keith Packard will be talking about the Linux desktop when it comes to X.Org, Mesa, and related areas. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the talk will be that technical (unless of course you haven't been staying up to date on our graphics articles), but today he has provided an in-depth blog posting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Go intel!

Lay the heat on nvidia with your DRI2 support! Finally, opengl screensaver desktop backgrounds that work correctly in compiz!

Comment

nice. let's hope all that gem will play nicely with non-intel cards as well.

Comment

Wow there's so much work done right now for X.org... can't imagine how the open source ATi drivers will perform by next year when they have adopted all the latest and greatest features!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Wow there's so much work done right now for X.org... can't imagine how the open source ATi drivers will perform by next year when they have adopted all the latest and greatest features!
          A year ?

At least for r100 - r500 and and mobiles up to rs690 it could be faster then a year. Month or two after intel ? At least I hope it'll be like that.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
            A year ?

At least for r100 - r500 and and mobiles up to rs690 it could be faster then a year. Month or two after intel ? At least I hope it'll be like that.
            I was including full Gallium3D support for R5xx-R7xx/R8xx. That will take its time...

Hopefully all the different RadeonHD branches will get to master in the not too distant future... now we have AtomBIOS support-branch, HDMI-Audio-branch and 2D acceleration-branch. I don't even know what exactly is in the AtomBIOS-branch, whether it's rewritten features or new things using AtomBIOS.
            Last edited by d2kx; 22 July 2008, 07:28 AM.

Comment

For starters, I'd just like to have a working driver for 7X0G-Chipsets that provide flicker-free Xv support

Comment

Working...
              X