Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: OpenGL 3.3 Support Lands For RadeonSI Gallium3D

A few days ago we talked about OpenGL 3.3 support coming to the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver in the form of mailing list patches, but as of a few hours ago the work has been mainlined inside Mesa. The next Mesa release will feature OpenGL 3.3 RadeonSI support!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why nobody has asked for subroutine uniforms yet, they seem incredibly useful to me.. hopefully they will be implemented before tessellation shaders.

Comment

Great!

Maybe someone wants to update RadeonFeature? It still claims OpenGL 2.1 for RadeonSI.

Comment

By the way, it seems that LLVM >=3.5 is required to have all these latest bells and whitles.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
          By the way, it seems that LLVM >=3.5 is required to have all these latest bells and whitles.
          I'd to say it's not a good idea to put radeon's backend to the upstream llvm. Now we need to wait for an year instead of 3-6 months to get the latest shader backend released.

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
            I'd to say it's not a good idea to put radeon's backend to the upstream llvm. Now we need to wait for an year instead of 3-6 months to get the latest shader backend released.
            I thought that LLVM was going to attempt both point releases (so 3.4.1 and such), and I'd like to dream of a hopefully slightly faster release schedule.

That being said, you can have it today if you build from source:

Code:
            OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
            OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
            OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-50762f4)
            OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30

Comment

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
              For opensuse i build and share llvm-svn\mesa-git.rpm every 2-3 days, and all opensuse users can enjoy OGL 3.3 just now. Or all users can download my livecd for opengl 3.3 tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
                For opensuse i build and share llvm-svn\mesa-git.rpm every 2-3 days, and all opensuse users can enjoy OGL 3.3 just now. Or all users can download my livecd for opengl 3.3 tests.
                I've been meaning to ask this on SUSE's forum, but is there a guide or something as to how I could get set-up to use your repo for the latest graphics stuff?

I currently use Ubuntu along with oibaf's PPA and just download a kernel from the mainline PPA. I'd love to have a similar kind of setup available on openSUSE.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                  I've been meaning to ask this on SUSE's forum, but is there a guide or something as to how I could get set-up to use your repo for the latest graphics stuff?

I currently use Ubuntu along with oibaf's PPA and just download a kernel from the mainline PPA. I'd love to have a similar kind of setup available on openSUSE.
                  for mesa,xorg,etc
                  Code:
                  zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pontostroy:/X11/openSUSE_13.1/  pont_x11
                  zypper ref
                  zypper dup --from pont_x11
                  kernel
                  Code:
                  zypper ar  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/pontostroy:/drm-next/openSUSE_13.1/ kern
                  zypper ref
                  zypper up

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                    I thought that LLVM was going to attempt both point releases (so 3.4.1 and such), and I'd like to dream of a hopefully slightly faster release schedule.

That being said, you can have it today if you build from source:

Code:
                    OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 10.1.0-devel (git-50762f4)
                    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
                    I don't think point releases would bring us something other than bug fixes.

Building them by myself is feasible but troublesome. I've made it several days before but find wine was linked against mesa i686
                    I had to uninstall wine to finish my upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X