Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux Foundation Falls In New Security Breach

Phoronix: The Linux Foundation Falls In New Security Breach

There was the widely-reported Kernel.org security breach at the end of August, which resulted in the servers used for hosting the Linux kernel Git repository and other code to be forced off-line. Kernel.org has still not been restored, and now there's a related security breach at the Linux Foundation. Linux.com, the Linux Foundation itself, and related infrastructure are now "down for maintenance" this weekend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

LKML seems down, too.

Comment

This is getting big and embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by kylex View Post
        This is getting big and embarrassing.
        In my opinion it doesn't, it would be embarrassing if they tried to hide it or ignore it, as I would imagine some organization would do.

Comment

In combination with the "mocking Windows 3.1" thread, this is quite hilarious, I think. I just hope the hordes of Windows trolls out there won't find out, otherwise we're in for a shit storm.

Comment

time for patched and security audits

I can't wait until we get the postmortem.
            Trojan running in Linux? : kernel.org
            Now Linux Foundation?

Maybe it is the year of the Linux Desktop. Seriously, I'm not trolling but it's scary to think I'm going to get propositioned by Symantec, McAfee and etc for virus software and such on GNU Linux.

Comment

Quite a 'black week' for Linux security.

Comment

Working...
              X